Bluetooth for Windows 10 PC

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nightjar

Contributor Plus
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can any computer gurus point me in the right direction.
My old plug in speakers have failed.
Have several Bluetooth speakers I can use.
Problem:
PC does not have Bluetooth driver installed.
Done my head in trying to download a driver. They say "free download" go through the whole process then they want the money.
Uninstalled all the so called free sites.

Does anyone have a simple solution to get my bluetooth speakers working?
Any info greatly appreciated.

Nightjar said:
Can any computer gurus point me in the right direction.
My old plug in speakers have failed.
Have several Bluetooth speakers I can use.
Problem:
PC does not have Bluetooth driver installed.
Done my head in trying to download a driver. They say "free download" go through the whole process then they want the money.
Uninstalled all the so called free sites.

Does anyone have a simple solution to get my bluetooth speakers working?
Any info greatly appreciated.

Windows 10 should have drivers already, go to add Bluetooth device, then on your bluetooth speaker hold down the button to connect

Win 10 has Bluetooth inbuilt. Use the search function to find it if unsure of its location.

Clicked on "Device Manager" Bluetooth doesn't show.
Did a search and can't find Bluetooth.
Many sites offer Windows 10 Bluetooth downloads for a monthly fee.
Checked for Windows10 upgrades, no bluetooth.
Looks like new plug in speakers coming up.

1. Most late model laptops/computers as well as TVs have Bluetooth inbuilt. Earlier models don't.

2. Bluetooth capability is broken down to 2 things, (as most peripherals are) hardware and software. If the computer does not have the hardware, then in most instances a plug in adaptor is needed i.e via USB.

3. Regardless of inbuilt or plug in, it then needs the software, commonly called a driver, to function.

NJ If you puter does not show Bluetooth in the Device Manager listing, it likely is not inbuilt. You have 2 options, well actually 3. Buy a later model computer, buy a Bluetooth Dongle to add it to the computer, or used wired speakers.

I would suggest adding the dongle as you mentioned you have speakers. However it also allows you to then connect other devices to your puter i.e. wireless keyboard or mouse and your mobile phone, along with a whole host of other gear. :)

Don't forget, every device needs to be paired and that function is a part of Win10. My laptop does have BT, I have my and wife's mobiles, tablet, my Telstra mobile for WiFi, 2 Battery monitors, earbuds and headphones all paired to the laptop. The headphones are also paired to my smart TV. In that instance if the laptop and TV are both on, the phones only connect to one or the other and that is in a "Tools" menu on each.

Hope that explains. :)

I would have thought -

Check specs of your pc to see if BT was inbuilt
Check to see if it had BT listed as a device but maybe disabled
No device and not inbuilt - buy a BT dongle
(warning - not all BT dongles are the same)

$7 worth a shot
Win 10 should identify the BT dongle and attempt the install of drivers

condor22

he scares me...

:playful:

Find out what motherboard you got, go to their website and download the bluetooth drivers

This is all beyond me, have ordered a dongle, hopefully that will follow KISS.
Lost count of the amount of times I went to FREE upgrades and received this.
The computer is a LENOVO if that means anything?

1643618685_screenshot_22.jpg

Nightjar, speaking as a retired computer technician, probably 80% of my work was removing virus/malware from customers computers. More often than not the infection came from websites offering free drivers or software. For those that are NOT computer savvy such websites & add banners are best avoided like the plague for the simple reason that windows probably has the driver. If not your device manufacturer will have it free to download & windows will set it up with little or no input required from you.

If your new dongle is any good, plug it in & windows will detect it & set it up automatically, it will then be ready to pair with whatever BT device you have (some BT stuff can be really crappy with regular dropouts forcing you to start over & pair it again).

(edited for spelling)

Correct.
Log on.
Connect to internet,
Plug the dongle in.
Windows will make a noise,
Bottom right hand side will say, Installing drivers.
Blue tooth icon will appear bottom right hand side near the time or,
click the up arrow same location.

If installed will let you know either way.

You do not need to pay for anything. Those sites offering
driver updates etc are a scam, 99% of them any way.

Oh, A low latency Bluetooth dongle is the ducks nuts.
You will notice a slight lag with the one you are getting but,
Will do the job. :)

Well wonders will never cease.
$7.00 dongle arrived today with CD download and instructions.
The Chinese instructions actually worked and have Old School Hits from the 50's-70's pumping out here now.
Brings back many memories of my dear mum playing the piano and my aunties singing these songs when we all got together at Christmas and other special occasions.
The difference between the scratchy old plug in and the Bluetooth is chalk and cheese
:inlove:

Latest posts