Billy Connolley truly unique human.....

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not quite the same, but I had a pretty bad head on smash in a van and could not walk for nearly 6 months.

Prior to that I was a very fit and energetic 20year old, it crushed my life and my spirit, at times it still does.

I suffered deep trauma and depression, permanent injuries some beginning to really become a huge problem now as I age.

Workcover at the time pressured me to return to my tradework even with my physical damage, the "retraining" was non existent, and there were threats from Workcover.

Strangely that was the trigger to motivate me to fight back and it gave me hope and an outlook for the future, took them to Tribunal and they got flattened,
and a legal inquiry into the top executives ordered.... long story there.

Back to the "rehab and retraining" side - I found it pulled me further down into a hole to be amongst others that had similar but less problems than me, but complained more
and seemed to even feed off of their ill's.
At least for me 'group therapy' was not a way to get happy or healthy in my mind and state of mine.
The best I found after the accident was to just get on and try to find ways to live a familiar life that I had while accepting my changes - a very difficult thing, even over thirty plus years

I cant change what has happened to me, no one can, but family friends and doing what is familiar to the best of my ability, at least to me has been better than dwelling on things.

It's not been easy.

Even Kato has a medical condition, and there are support groups for her, based in Vic, but we have found it difficult to access and she has no real interest in them.

However that does not mean that 'support groups' are not helpful for other people.

They do have great impact for some and can be life saving, I whole heartedly believe they have an important role in our society.

:)

Latest posts