Big Brother is Watching

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That mean nasty crystal had no right to be where that bloke found it. It had formed millions of years ago in a cave or cavity in the earth thousands of miles up stream and became dislodged by wind rain ,storms and earthquakes and travelled down the river dislodging other rocks and squashing water beetles and little fishes, maybe even blocking small channels to form erosion in the river banks and as it went and generally causing havoc to the micro environment.......Then millions of years later this bloke comes along and spots it in the creek , picks it up and takes it home and shoves it in a box thereby preventing this darstidly crystal from causing any further damage to the environment :D

Well I found this beauty of a nugget in a state forrest in Caboolture Qld.
Had to excavate it with Machinery as it was to heavy.
Then we got the truck bogged and had to cut a new path threw the Forrest to get out.
It was an all day event especially after the excavator blew a hose and sprayed oil 25 mtrs in the air.
But it was worth the effort.
Hopefully I don't get it taken off me as I didn't know I was supposed to have a prospecting licence. :8
1612825533_20210209_085603_copy_1024x773.jpg

Adrian ss said:
That mean nasty crystal had no right to be where that bloke found it. It had formed millions of years ago in a cave or cavity in the earth thousands of miles up stream and became dislodged by wind rain ,storms and earthquakes and travelled down the river dislodging other rocks and squashing water beetles and little fishes, maybe even blocking small channels to form erosion in the river banks and as it went and generally causing havoc to the micro environment.......Then millions of years later this bloke comes along and spots it in the creek , picks it up and takes it home and shoves it in a box thereby preventing this darstidly crystal from causing any further damage to the environment :D
And he was removing that nasty bushfire hazard:

"Earlier this year, London Fire Brigade said that 125 fires have been triggered by the suns rays over the last five years and warned that the risk exists during the winter as well as summer. Thats because the suns rays bathe the Earth in a constant flow of thermal energy spread over each square metre. While this is too dilute to ignite paper, wood or other combustible substances, if the rays are focused, the flow of energy becomes concentrated enough to exceed the threshold for combustion. Magnifying glasses do this very effectively, refracting the rays and bringing them to a tight focus. But even fragments of glass can have some focusing effect with potentially disastrous consequences".

When I was in the RAAF and attached to RAAF Tindal many years ago. We were carrying out hot weather trials on a CT4 Air trainer. Only 4 of us there at the time.
We had done an engine ground run on the run up pad and then were sitting in the hangar munching into some lunch when I glanced at the trainer and noticed a small wisp of smoke rising up out of the cockpit, was a hot day and clear skys.
Anyway Myself (cross trained Inst, elec , radio tech and my cross trained engine and airframe fitter mate plus fire extinguisher did a rather fast run to the aircraft and saw that the seat belt was starting to burn. Turns out that because we left the canopy open and that it was at just the right angle to the sun to cause the sun to be focused through the canopy onto the seat belt in such a way that it set it alight. So yeah little shards of glass and brocken bottles and open cockpit canopies and probably quartz crystals, can and do start fires.

Smoky bandit said:
Then we got the truck bogged and had to cut a new path threw the Forrest to get out.
It was an all day event especially after the excavator blew a hose and sprayed oil 25 mtrs in the air.
Hopefully I don't get it taken off me as I didn't know I was supposed to have a prospecting licence. :8 https://www.prospectingaustralia.co.../1612825533_20210209_085603_copy_1024x773.jpg
The Qld Gold Commissioner will be knocking shortly :lol:

mbasko said:
Smoky bandit said:
Hopefully I don't get it taken off me as I didn't know I was supposed to have a prospecting licence. :8 https://www.prospectingaustralia.co.../1612825533_20210209_085603_copy_1024x773.jpg
The Qld Gold Commissioner will be knocking shortly :lol:
I'll let you know when I get raided :) :lol: