Best reason to buy Minelab

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paulmarr

Paul
Reaction score
I bought a second hand Sovereign which has developed troubles - but whether it's new or used the best reason to buy Minelab is .....

A8B9D561-D585-4D4F-B171-79AF962C95DB_zpse0k4y3h7.jpg

they are LOCAL!

Nice displays....

84442497-A002-4C61-BB24-CC9EAF800F10_zpsaqmcirnt.jpg

08CE5DFE-70BD-406A-AFF3-10D23F542D5A_zpsoqqwgsnf.jpg

52741B1E-6671-4DDE-B26C-E45842F7EED0_zpsmzokztz7.jpg

And their Customer Care guys are really nice - did some prelim troubleshooting while I was there to rule out user errors, the batteries, or the coil - at least I know it wasn't me or easy to fix issues! Another reason why living in Adelaide can be handy! :cool:

I was having trouble deciding between a Garrett or Minelab detector... what decided the matter was knowing they were local if anything needed repair.

I think quality and supporting an Australian company is always the way to go, im sure all the other brands are good but i would think minelab would be made to work in our unique gold fields. Of all the reviews, threads and posts i am yet to come across somebody talking down minelab......as a result my $1500 budget has now doubled at the least :p

The support of various prospecting events, and having a knowledgable technical rep at the events I've been to in Victoria has made a good impression on me.

Might be an Australian company but reasonably sure their gear is made the other side of the big rabbit proof wall up in Asia....... and they still cost a fortune.
Ask yourself would they have introduced the new detector (if it ever gets released) if Garrett hadn't released the ATX ... call me cynical but think their release announcement was just to keep people away from the Garrett while they got their comparative model ready ..... just seems to be taking a long time.
ps I use Minelab equipment.

Teemore said:
Might be an Australian company but reasonably sure their gear is made the other side of the big rabbit proof wall up in Asia....... and they still cost a fortune.
Ask yourself would they have introduced the new detector (if it ever gets released) if Garrett hadn't released the ATX ... call me cynical but think their release announcement was just to keep people away from the Garrett while they got their comparative model ready ..... just seems to be taking a long time.
ps I use Minelab equipment.

What isn't made in Asia? Even a lot of components in Holden cars came from Asia - fact of life I am afraid when it comes to manufacturing.

But being able to drive in to their Customer Service area for the Asia Pacific region and talk face to face is a HUGE advantage and I was so happy to see they stand behind their products even if it is 9 years old and they no longer make that model! I would imagine a Garrett stuff would get send back to the USA for repair?

They are the market leaders in our hobby and I am happy to support a company who offers support to me! Can't wait to get the CTX 3030 which is next on the wish list!

Just to finish a great story with a happy ending - got a call from Minelab today at 8:30am - less than 48 hours after I dropped off the faulty detector - to be told it was fixed and I could pick it up - ended up being a faulty capacitor and resistor - and for a reasonable repair price!

So - the local manufacturer turns around the fault in my 9 year old detector in less than 2 days putting a smile on my dial and restoring my faith in Australian companies who care about their customers! Read all about it! :) :) :)

They make excellent detectors for sure. Be nice to have some serious competition pop up from elsewhere on the planet though so we see them get a move on an upgrade from the 5000 :D .

I agree with all, their service is excellent.
A tad cheeky having a replica of the "hand of Faith" in a display cabinet tho

Two best reasons:
1. Their customer service is second to none. Whether it be repairs/servicing or getting info if your making a purchase they are up there with the best companies I have dealt with.
2. Besides that their PI gold detectors have been proven countless times over. No guessing - if you're in the right place & operating the machine right you will find gold if you walk over it.

Latest posts