Bells Creek

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
headbut said:
Hi Wal . Just been looking at the maps for this Bells Creek & can you access from the Church of England Cemetery road , or "Same Issue"

Quiet day at work :8

Cheers Paul

G'day Headbut and others

If you mean the cemetery road that comes off the Araluen to Majors Creek road then yes you can get up there. I have had no trouble there. You can park near the creek and hoof the rest of the way, though the scrub and blackberries are something wonderful to behold and watch out because that area is thick with tiger snakes. there are old gold workings all through the flat area (Apple flat I think it was called) but I have never even got a speck from the old workings or in the creek. You can hoof it all the way up to the base of the Bells Creek falls or to the top of the falls by another track that starts near an old shack. Its a hell of a slog either way. Lovely country for a walk but don't try and carry much more than a pan. The track to the bottom of the falls follows an old water race on the eastern side of the creek.

I got gold from both the base of the falls and at the top but there is a lot of dirt between the gold. You can also park near the junction of Sawyers Creek Rd and Araluen Road, walk back up Araluen Road a bit and on the western side you will see a little overgrown track. That goes down to the top of the falls eventually. No problems with the land owners either at the cemetery, or the top or bottom of the falls in my time.

Araluen

hahaha i guess they love to hate, people need to decondition the mind not condition it, the weak are the pack hunters. All in all thanks, This was not something i thought about before but definately need to do so for future prospecting. Might invest in a billy connoly trike and throw a wig on

headbut said:
Thanks Araluen , but Tiger snake is another word I don't like, along with Guns & Stash :eek:

G'day

Its an interesting place as below the falls there are wall to wall tiger snakes and above the falls only red bellies. According to a local friend he told me that red bellies hunt baby tigers so where you have the reds you will not have any tigers. Red Bellies are pussies - they will want to run away rather than confront you.

Araluen

SWright said:
I have worked and mapped Bells Creek for many years. First thing to know is that what is marked as Bells Creek on the maps is NOT Bells Creek - it is Stony Creek. There

I am not sure what size of creek allows you to claim you are not on their property. I think little creeks like Bells are not included in that whereas something like the Shoalhaven is. Anyway, blokes with guns and a really bad attitude trump my standing on principle. The "Bells Creek" sign you are referring to is in fact Stony Creek as Bells nowhere crosses any road. I have even tried hoofing it in one time and ended up running into someone's stash - and it was an active area so I gave up and went elsewhere. Any way where ever you park your vehicle around there they end up following you in.

Araluen

no wonder they shoot at people and block their access

If they are growing funny green bushes that tells the story.

sigh...... where's the party officer ?

hint hint......

Latest posts