Bega

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey guys I'm heading to bega for a week for work and am thinking I should take the 4500 and try get a bit of a swing in.
Does anybody have any ideas on closest goldfeilds

The most consistent in that area is the Nerrigundah field and the Mt Dromedary fields. Mostly smaller stuff with the majority of nuggets in the sub 2 gram class.

Wal.

Today I went looking for the vimy ridge mine since it's only 20mins away from my job site, found the general location but could not locate the actual mine, plenty of quarts and chunks of slate like rocks with quarts inclusions scattered around so tomorro I will head back and have a bit of a swing and do some more exploring

Digginholes said:
Today I went looking for the vimy ridge mine since it's only 20mins away from my job site, found the general location but could not locate the actual mine, plenty of quarts and chunks of slate like rocks with quarts inclusions scattered around so tomorro I will head back and have a bit of a swing and do some more exploring
The mine is on " private land "

And surrounded by National Parks.
Except for a small portion of Tanja State forrest. Just to the north along that road is Kings Ridge Road. All bull dozed up and obliterated. You can still 4 x4 it
and where it comes out on Tanja / Bega Road is where some major diggings are complete with some freaking deep shafts. And they are over grown and hard to spot.
One of them still has a few miners in the bottom of it owing to a deep collapse.
All in a surprise move by National Parks. Grrrrrr :mad:

Uncle Bob said:
Digginholes said:
The mine is on " private land "

Thanks guys, was good to look around the place, didn't do and diggin or swinging but was good just to drive around and check out the place, much prefer being amongst the trees than the sky scrapers in the big smoke.
Great way to unwind, it's funny how interesting dirt, rocks and sticks can be lol

Latest posts