Beechworth Eldorado Gold Gift

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks a lot ! My wife just read this post. Looks like I'm in the doghouse tonight. I promised along time ago to make a piece of opal I found at lightening Ridge into jewellery from my gold. Looks like I will have to get my act together.
You should be proud of yourself. Well done
Some events in life we never forget this will be one of them.

Newbie said:
Ideal and great idea Adam. It's my plan also. Would be interested in the details of the jeweller mate if you can PM. What do you do about the stones buy them through the jeweller or find them also??

The diamonds in that ring are sourced by the jeweler, they are a specific size and color to match the engagement ring, I might add that they matched up perfectly. Although this particular jeweler does manufacture jewelery, gem faceting is a whole completely separate thing and not something they do. I suppose some manufacturing jewelers might do both.

With this particular jeweler you can supply your own stones which they will set but they need to be ready to set (faceted, cabbed, polished or however you want them)

I've got some small sapphires, really beautiful blue colors, that I'm hoping to get faceted which will go into some more jewelery, but at the moment I'm fresh out of yellow stuff, so I'm waiting for some warmer weather post wedding before I get back out on the creek.

Cheers
Adam

Latest posts