Beach finds with the ATX

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Here are my finds for my first week with my new Garrett ATX
1400761762_dsc00457-3.jpg

Good day today with the pre-Decimals! New location opened up using the ATX in wet sand!
1400761876_dsc00464-3.jpg

nice finds there, looks like she goes deep! im sure pleanty of trash was dug as well. What are the rings made of?

very nice. how do you find the stealth scoop? Im thinking of getting another so my current scoop will last a little longer

Hard work using a PI on the beach, took the 5000 down the beach the other day, glad my mate was digging for me. :)

Nice finds, well done.

I wouldn't even bother searching the Wet sand if it weren't for the Stealth scoop! I got the 720i U-bolt model plus the Takedown handle

So it was a bit over $400 but definitely worth it. It can be operated with one hand one foot so you do alot less bending over. And because the PI searches pretty deep you wil defs be moving a lot of heavy wet sand so I reckon using a modified cyclone brand shovel would be quite tiring.

I pretty much wont bother hitting the dry sand in the winter season with the PI caus most older targets will be continuously exposed where the sand moves the most on the waters edge.

Still learning the patterns of wet zones of the beach but I'm getting there..still diggin all the trash!

My new enemy... the Bobby pin.... hate those pricks!!! lol

Bobby pins, bottle caps and sparklers! :mad: Some beach hunts are purely just bottle caps, so sad to say, an intact condom packet was the find of the day! :lol:

Some more finds with the ATX! (1914 Commonwealth Half Penny, 1955 Three Pence, 1943 Three Pence, 8gr .925 Ring, Leagues tag)

1401525283__dsc0043.jpg

Great variation in coinage, dates from all over the place, the 43' threepence cleaned up well. That ring looks pretty old, wondering whether it was custom or home made by a jeweler? :)

Yeah the ring looks like those arty chunky designer rings, has ( DD 925 ) hallmarks.
and surprisingly that threepence wasn't cleaned up! I just rubbed it with my fingers and it removed the small amount of tarnish!

Latest posts