Batteries

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hi Guys, just a question, when I recharge my minelab batteries and they are fully charged and I don't use them until a week later,then I want to use them I put them back on the charger just to check that they are fully charged,they always start charging as they are flat, well a week ago they were fully charged and I didn't use them.Anybody know why this happens, are they faulty or is this normal.

If they are NiMh batteries then put them back on charge because NiMh batteries can loose between 5 and 10% of their charge per day, If they are Lithium then they should hold their charge without effect for a week or two, maybe more, but if they do loose any charge it will be very minimal.

Is the battery ACTUALLY flat? The battery charger may start charging as though it is flat initially but taper off rapidly after a short time. I don't think that that is abnormal. Have you checked the battery voltage before you start to charge?

Latest posts