Bathurst??

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reg Wilson said:
Nice put down Ridge Runner. Pretty obvious that you have never owned a Porsche.

Sorry you see it like that, But I have driven enough 911's and 928's and 944's and a Boxster and some bits I like and some bit I don't, Thing is when I came over here I realized just how far ahead the EU HiPo Car industry is, Even the Police drive Mitsubishi Evo's and Subaru's, In Aus we miss out on so many good cars

Rockhunter62 said:
Reg Wilson said:

Yes, a 917/30 would leave that little car for dead.

Cheers

Doug

The 917/30 is a Le mans 24hr race car not a road legal car and even it is only 0.39 seconds faster in full race trim than the Caterham doing 0 -60, There are 14 other modern cars that are even faster than the Caterham All road legal, Even the Bugatti Veyron Super Sport with it's mega top speed is only ranked at No 7,

Reg Wilson said:

The Caterham is a quick car at low speeds. So is a go cart. The Caterham has a top speed of 249 kph. It doesn't rate in sports car racing where Porsche consistently comes out tops above makes like Ferrari and Lambo.
There are cars that are quicker than Porsche, and a few that are faster, but not many have the reliability to win as many races as Porsche does.

I think the ultimate Road Track Car is the Porsche 911 GT2 RS, If I could pick one car then that would be it, Ferrari's and Lambo's are way to expensive,

That thing about the 249kph is because all road car makers in the EU agreed speed limit their cars to 155mph but it is not illegal to remove the limiter once you own the car.

mbasko said:
Porsche Smorche :p :D
There's no substitute for V8's at Bathurst. Never has been, never will be. Shame it looks like dying out?
P.s. I belong to FART (The Federation Against Rotaries & Turbos) :lol:

LOL, :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Me too, But I hate cars with computers and sensors, ]:D

Ridge Runner said:
Reg Wilson said:

The Caterham is a quick car at low speeds. So is a go cart. The Caterham has a top speed of 249 kph. It doesn't rate in sports car racing where Porsche consistently comes out tops above makes like Ferrari and Lambo.
There are cars that are quicker than Porsche, and a few that are faster, but not many have the reliability to win as many races as Porsche does.

I think the ultimate Road Track Car is the Porsche 911 GT2 RS, If I could pick one car then that would be it, Ferrari's and Lambo's are way to expensive,

That thing about the 249kph is because all road car makers in the EU agreed speed limit their cars to 155mph but it is not illegal to remove the limiter once you own the car.

I have just finished watching a lot of you tube clips in regards to the Porsche 911 gt2 rs vs the Nissan GT-R nismo and believe it or not these two cars are pretty evenly matched in a drag race :eek:
In one clip it was best of 3 and Nissan won and the other clips the Porsche got the chocolate, but only just :Y:
Quarter mile Porsche wins by one tenth of a second, 0 to 100 kms Nissan 2.8 sec Porsche 2.87 sec :Y:
I have never driven either of these cars but I do take my hat off to both manufacturers as not only are they both super quick they are also nice looking cars :perfect: :Y:

Licking windows said:
Ridge Runner said:
Reg Wilson said:

I have just finished watching a lot of you tube clips in regards to the Porsche 911 gt2 rs vs the Nissan GT-R nismo and believe it or not these two cars are pretty evenly matched in a drag race :eek:
In one clip it was best of 3 and Nissan won and the other clips the Porsche got the chocolate, but only just :Y:
Quarter mile Porsche wins by one tenth of a second, 0 to 100 kms Nissan 2.8 sec Porsche 2.87 sec :Y:
I have never driven either of these cars but I do take my hat off to both manufacturers as not only are they both super quick they are also nice looking cars :perfect: :Y:

The only down side to driving a Porsche Fast is as you go in to a corner you have to give it a little Gas because with the engine being in the back if you back off the tail end can try and come out or push you straight ahead and the skill is to balance the Gas with the speed, from a drivers point of view they are a Real Drivers Car which is a skill I lack. 8.( :(

Magilla said:
My wife drives a Hyundai Getz and I don't think any of you blokes would even get close to her if she was heading for a sale.

Nothing beats a Woman on a Mission :eek: :8

Ridge Runner said:
Licking windows said:
Ridge Runner said:
Reg Wilson said:

The only down side to driving a Porsche Fast is as you go in to a corner you have to give it a little Gas because with the engine being in the back if you back off the tail end can try and come out or push you straight ahead and the skill is to balance the Gas with the speed, from a drivers point of view they are a Real Drivers Car which is a skill I lack. 8.( :(
I think the only reason the gtr is quicker to 100 is the fact it is a 4x4 and holds traction better on takeoff !

There was a sale at the local Supermarket the other day.
Cleanup is still underway,,,
1549362094_car_park_wars.jpg

So what is everyones opinion on where the Bathurst 1000 is heading?
Now that neither ford or Holden build an aussie made production car !
I personally think the race will become another la mans type affair and this iconic all aussie event enjoyed by hundreds of thousands of true blue aussies will be lost forever? :N: what would the great peter brock be saying if he was still with us?
The thought of it makes me :mad: :mad: :mad:

I'm with you guys I've been watching the v8 supercars since I was 10 years old.....peter brock would be rolling in his grave, it makes me super :mad: :mad: :mad: that this year ford will be running ford mustangs, I know why don't we Not race our beloved holden and introduce a chevy, change all the tracks to oval nothing but left turns and start drinking Budweiser beer....AAAHHHHHHHHHH :mad: :mad: :mad: .....I also think its total bs what the government has done to the car industry in this country of ours.
Any way that's my 5cents GO HOLDEN :p

Latest posts