Basic advice needed

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
elbowgrease said:
Marty04 said:
Hi boyd
I've panned reedy creek at the bridge near Broadford and had quit a bit of luck.
I found if you separate some of the rocks and give them a scrub with a brush you'll wash off the gold that sticks in between.
Best of luck
:D

Is there actually a Reedy Creek (as in creek with water in it \ or dry) down that way I'm not aware of? I have a Vic TopoMap for that area I guess I'll need to go and study a bit more LOL.

Thanks
Adam

nope not that i know of yet :)

BoydWilliam said:
Hi guys,
Im new to this forum (just posted in the introductions), and am very keen to get into some gold hunting in some of the streams around my area.
The area where i live has numerous little streams and rivers which run around withing 30 kms from where i live.
Most of the country towns around here were formed in the 1800's due to gold being found in the streams and creeks i am talking about.
Is it worth my while searching around for any gold that may have not been discovered?
After 150 years of erosion and natural regrowth, is it fair to assume that small amounts of gold could still be there?
Im really keen to get into prospecting, and would be thrilled to find just the smallest specks of gold!!
Cheers!

How did you end up going there..
im looking to go explore that area