Bank accounts hacked

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wishfull

Peter Johnson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi all. Beware. My wife checked her bank accounts this morning. All have been hacked taking small amounts out each time until empty. I paid a bill for my internet using an app used by Belong but used my wifes account number. I'm not blaiming Belong. Anyway the name of the scam is " spicerackmedia g.co helppay#au card pos authorisation " they took money out straight after I paid my internet. She had 2 acounts drainined. Don't know how they would fo that.
We Don't need this :poop: at the moment. Hot water service died yesterday as well.
Just beware !

Not good mate :N: also another https://www.lusomalls.top/boat-parts-c-1_630/ ............... purchase from them and pay. Never hear another word from them despite 30+ emails and amount drawn from account is more than item invoice. On investigation you will see all their items are pilfered from other sellers sites. Just becoming a more common thing unfortunately :mad:

terrible news wishful i'm not too comp savvy but maybe check if you have remote access disabled

Wishfull said:
Hi all. Beware. My wife checked her bank accounts this morning. All have been hacked taking small amounts out each time until empty. I paid a bill for my internet using an app used by Belong but used my wifes account number. I'm not blaiming Belong. Anyway the name of the scam is " spicerackmedia g.co helppay#au card pos authorisation " they took money out straight after I paid my internet. She had 2 acounts drainined. Don't know how they would fo that.
We Don't need this :poop: at the moment. Hot water service died yesterday as well.
Just beware !

Why aren't you blaming Belong, if it was their app that allowed such a clear security breach???

Bogger said:
Not good mate :N: also another https://www.lusomalls.top/boat-parts-c-1_630/ ............... purchase from them and pay. Never hear another word from them despite 30+ emails and amount drawn from account is more than item invoice. On investigation you will see all their items are pilfered from other sellers sites. Just becoming a more common thing unfortunately :mad:
Thats a strange one.
I see that this website accepts PayPal amongst other methods of Payment.
I always thought that PayPal had some sort of money back guarantee against scams

grubstake said:
Wishfull said:
Just beware !

Why aren't you blaming Belong, if it was their app that allowed such a clear security breach???
Update of that is, and I didnt know intil just a moment ago, Mrs Wishfull said that she knew one of her other accounts had been pilfered the day before but didn't do anything about it because it had bugger all in it. So that would mean that it's not Belongs fault. I looked the name up on google and it seems lots of others have been scammed by the same mob.
Like my wife said. ANZ have a prgram called Falcon that they advertise that is supposed to stop fraudulent activities. Why then isn't it working, seeing as its been on Google the banks should know ?

DropBear said:
Never use apps that access your bank account.

If you have, remove all those apps connections and then change your passwords on those financial accounts.

:fistpump: :fistpump: :fistpump: :power:
Like I said above. Her bank account was hacked before I paid my internet ( I didn't know that when I first posted this )using that app. So it wasn't through the app. We are not at this moment sure how her accounts were hacked. I will update if and when we find out.
Damn internet is a dangerous place.

Falcon has worked great for me in the past.

Had a bunch of airline tickets booked, my CC was then put on alert status so anything unknown they would call me and confirm.

ANZ refunded it all, and were great to deal with.

Typically banks are quite good at protecting you, ANZ although doesn't have the most secure login.

Run virus / trojan / malware scans on your pc's - There are some free ones out there, personally i use a paid one.

The internet is like unprotected sex with a bunch of hookers. you need to protect yourself and your investments. :)

Good luck buddy.

moeee said:
Bogger said:
Thats a strange one.
I see that this website accepts PayPal amongst other methods of Payment.
I always thought that PayPal had some sort of money back guarantee against scams

Yeah funny about that ................... click on the Paypal logo and it's not linked. :N: Visa is money back also :Y: so I retrieved money paid as had two things making me eligible for a claim. One for item not received and two was amount withdrawn was different to invoiced amount. But a lot of mucking around and cancelling of card that was used.

many years ago i use to use the net to pay bills until my credit card was used in a country i had never been to or had dealings with
because it was an out of the ordinary use it raised a red flag and the credit company blocked the transactions and locked the card and rang me
new card issued a few days later
this might be just me but this is the reason i NEVER use the internet to pay bills anymore

I had $9990 disappear in one hit from a fraudulent transfer, thankfully CommBank were able to track it to foreign hackers and the money was back in the account the next morning. It was a hell of a shock at the time, sneaky buggers thought going ten bucks shy of 10k would not raise a red flag.

Then only 6 months later my accounts were cleaned out completely by thieves closer to home and my bank accounts frozen!

Didnt get a penny back then! :money:

That's why I never use apps and do all my banking on bank websites, also most transactions I do if I have to pay anything is done through my bank/bpay.
Can never be too careful with apps and a lot of the time people don't read what permissions you're giving to apps.
Sorry to hear of your accounts being hacked Wishfull....

DropBear said:

If you have, remove all those apps connections and then change your passwords on those financial accounts.

Sounds like good advice,sorry to hear this wishfull and others that have been done. :mad:
Hey im laying on the lounge watchin the box the other night,i i hear the rear sliding door open,security chain rattles a bit,wifes in bed,young blokes in his room,prob about 11pm,oh yeah sons gone out for a smoke,about 45 mins later i went out for one and doors still open,thought he forgot to close it,off to bed.
Boss gets up early in the morning,her work bag next to the door is gone and my wallet on dining table nearby,scumbag was about 8 foot from me,no door into the lounge but a wall there and i was on the side of the loungeroom where he would of poked his head around the edge of the door and seen me from behind,if my son wasnt home i would off got up to see who came the the door,i forgot to lock our side gate,geez i wish id seen him :fistpump:
Cancelled my cards at 6 in the morning and they hadnt used them but boss had a spare car key in her bag,they could come back and take her car,mazda quoted 1k for a new barrel and keys but locksmith might be able to reprogram the keys for $500,farking scumbags just walk onto our property and into our house :mad:

AussieChris said:
I had $9990 disappear in one hit from a fraudulent transfer, thankfully CommBank were able to track it to foreign hackers and the money was back in the account the next morning. It was a hell of a shock at the time, sneaky buggers thought going ten bucks shy of 10k would not raise a red flag.

Then only 6 months later my accounts were cleaned out completely by thieves closer to home and my bank accounts frozen!

Didnt get a penny back then! :money:

unbeleivable mate :mad:

Goldchaser1 said:
DropBear said:

Sounds like good advice,sorry to hear this wishfull and others that have been done. :mad:
Hey im laying on the lounge watchin the box the other night,i i hear the rear sliding door open,security chain rattles a bit,wifes in bed,young blokes in his room,prob about 11pm,oh yeah sons gone out for a smoke,about 45 mins later i went out for one and doors still open,thought he forgot to close it,off to bed.
Boss gets up early in the morning,her work bag next to the door is gone and my wallet on dining table nearby,scumbag was about 8 foot from me,no door into the lounge but a wall there and i was on the side of the loungeroom where he would of poked his head around the edge of the door and seen me from behind,if my son wasnt home i would off got up to see who came the the door,i forgot to lock our side gate,geez i wish id seen him :fistpump:
Cancelled my cards at 6 in the morning and they hadnt used them but boss had a spare car key in her bag,they could come back and take her car,mazda quoted 1k for a new barrel and keys but locksmith might be able to reprogram the keys for $500,farking scumbags just walk onto our property and into our house :mad:

Yep. Similar thing two years back. Hadn't locked the door when we went to bed. The scum took the phone, cash out the wife's purse, a small knife and a big machette. Wife spotted the :poop: . She awoke to find him groping her arse.. Never got an answer to that. But I always wondered how he escaped so quick with that machette. Was there more than one? Had he stolen the knives etc then stashed them before returning or was he standing over the wife with the machette. That was a wake up call to what scum can live in your neighborhood.
What I do know is he left so fast, he left his shoes behind. Took a while to get over that because I know, in all likely hood, I'd pass that animal nearly everyday in the street.

Thats alot more serious then what happened here the other night magoo,pretty scary actually,ours is just the locals lookin for cash for grog drugs or whatever,id like to go into it but i wont,bit out of control over here,one 12 yr old caught the other day for example tryin to break into a house,his parents were 50yrds away keeping watch,how sads that.
Made the decision to fence off the whole front of our house now with auto gates for the cars,gotta remember to lock our side gate now and even the rear door when at home :(

Sorry for off topic a bit wishfull.....
Installed a little surprise for them next time they try the side gate.....
1536640579_7f35ab9f-46b4-4e22-8e9e-f5775635b1d8.jpg

Bank told Mrs Wishfull that there are do many bsnking scams hoing on at the moment that they can't keep up with them all.
Top off the day Mrs came home from work in the rain and a wiper blade came loose and scratched the windscreen of the car. And so it goes on.
Anyway. We should get most of the money back eventually.

Latest posts