Balxie's Gold Adventures videos.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a similar set up
I noticed the pump was out of the water
Watch out it doesn't get hot as the are designed to be submersed to keep cool
Cheers mud guts

Yeah mate was just a quick trial run didnt want to get to wet putting it out, water was cold.

Great set-up Balx! Think you're onto a good thing with the whole silent running thing .... as you say the genny would be really handy for camping anyway .... what was the cost of the unit?

Best of luck on the weekend taking it for a proper run!

Drewe

Mr Sism said:
Great set-up Balx! Think you're onto a good thing with the whole silent running thing .... as you say the genny would be really handy for camping anyway .... what was the cost of the unit?

Best of luck on the weekend taking it for a proper run!

Drewe
Pump was $69 and genny was $280 both off ebay. Will still be able to hear the lyrebirds when I am out. Thanks mate, Balx

Hay Blax
I've been running a submersible pump through an inverter hooked up to a deep cycle battery in my landcruiser for a while now. I run 60m of extension cord to get down to the water.
The spot I'm working is about 400m from a house and I don't want to attract attention so with this set up I can run totally silent.
It's not as portable as your set up but it works for me.
When I go to places like Oallen where the noise is not an issue I'll use my Honda.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=640&p=2

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1859

Cheers
Mick

Looks great mick, I have a 5.5hp motor but its bloody heavy, noise isnt really and issue where i go but it was more for me, I like the peace and quiet, The deep cell from the car is a great idea save carrying it about, but i have a bit a hike into most spots. Your bloody spoiled only having to go 400m from your house. Would love to see a vid of your rig out in the creek mate. Does it trap any in the drop riffles on the top box? Cheers, Balx

Great set up Balx. I was wondering if this would work and it obviously does. Let us know how it works once you start putting material through it. I like the idea of no noise.

Balx said:
Looks great mick, I have a 5.5hp motor but its bloody heavy, noise isnt really and issue where i go but it was more for me, I like the peace and quiet, The deep cell from the car is a great idea save carrying it about, but i have a bit a hike into most spots. Your bloody spoiled only having to go 400m from your house. Would love to see a vid of your rig out in the creek mate. Does it trap any in the drop riffles on the top box? Cheers, Balx

Hay Blax
Not 400M from my house, 400m from a locals house. My spot is about 3 hours drive for me.
I had a run at Oallen on new years day and the drop riffles caught about 50% of the gold. I have to run the top hopper fairly flat to catch the fine stuff.
There is something very relaxing about highbanking without the racket of a motor in the background.
Oh by the way, Love your vids!

Cheers
Mick

HAHA oh bloody hell 3hrs that is a hike, I only have between 10 minutes and half and hour so looks like i am the lucky one. Glad you like them mick, will do a few traveling ones this season go and check out the triangle etc.

Love the honesty of the build! Its always a work in progress until you start a new one. Small gel batterys work well for me, love the quiteness of the electric pump.

dezman said:
Love the honesty of the build! Its always a work in progress until you start a new one. Small gel batterys work well for me, love the quiteness of the electric pump.
Yeah no point being in nature with all that racket. Just finsihed my highbanker, already dreaming up a new one. It never ends. hahaha.

TenOunce Tone said:
Glad you found the gold you dropped
HAHA I am not sure i found it all, everytime I walk over that spot I wonder whats left between the boards. 8.(

Yeah i wouldnt like your chances on carpet, You could always just cut out a sluice box size slice. haha

It is sad that we are brought to sneeking around in the creeks ect trying not to get the locals up in arms... It is getting very difficult to find spots where we can do our thing without breaking any laws... Silence rules.. Stealth highbankers rule.. They will never know we were there... :)

Got back down the creek, so it all starts again. Water was a little high but was great to be back out there. And once again a little color was just a bonus. Feel free to comment or subscribe so you get them Automatically. And most importantly get a camera so we can enjoy your adventures. Enjoy.

TenOunce Tone said:
Nice start too a new season for you Balx, well done, sounds like the young fella has the fever also! Good luck!!

Cheers, Tone
Thanks mate, he spends more time pinging rocks a bit to close to me than finding any gold. hahaha

Latest posts