Bad news (maybe)

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rgmhot

Rodger
Reaction score
I think the council may be changing the bark to rubber in a good, well used park, play area. Have to wait and see what they are doing. They have dug up all the bark so far. :(

They are currently digging up a lot of the older bark that has rotted, and replacing it with new stuff, hence it is quite deep and void of targets- for now. Seen this at quite a few parks lately, rubber may go down, will have to wait and see. :)

If you want to see a real kiddies play park you need to go to Te Anau NZ. They might have bark in their playgrounds but they also have killer rides (sorry no photos), public liability in NZ bahahahaha everyone is covered.

Reason why council is replacing wood chips with rubber in my area is because idiots who drink at night in local parks smash empty bottles and tot lots are full of broken glass.
Karl

KarlS said:
Reason why council is replacing wood chips with rubber in my area is because idiots who drink at night in local parks smash empty bottles and tot lots are full of broken glass.
Karl

Ah that would be right wouldn't it... Didn't think of that, but im sure it's a factor. Teenagers constantly drinking and hanging around in the park near my house.

Bark in the park near my place, replacing huge sand pit with tiny bark pit so all the kiddies can get practice digging out splinters.

grippsy25 said:
KarlS said:
Karl

Ah that would be right wouldn't it... Didn't think of that, but im sure it's a factor. Teenagers constantly drinking and hanging around in the park near my house.

My garden hose gets 3 to 12" shorter every month but I have picked up several pairs of scissors, knives and some decent play money in response to their drugged tardiness when I do a morning rubbish run in my neighbouring park. It is the smashed bottles and graffiti on kids play equipment that triggers my ugly side. :mad:

Wally69 said:
grippsy25 said:
KarlS said:
Karl

My garden hose gets 3 to 12" shorter every month but I have picked up several pairs of scissors, knives and some decent play money in response to their drugged tardiness when I do a morning rubbish run in my neighbouring park. It is the smashed bottles and graffiti on kids play equipment that triggers my ugly side. :mad:

Not that I like grafitii, but at least it can not hurt someone. Bloody Hell I was young too, I must admit it is long time ago, l have done some stupid things. But if we had drink why to smash the bottle. If someone pissed you off, you have a fight with him, but you didn't blame whole society for it. I don't understand lots of things today. And I don't understand why it become this way.
Karl

Well, been keeping an eye on this park and seems they are upgrading it. New and more swings.

Good news (I hope ) their is still a pile of bark. So here's hoping it will be place back down, and NO rubber. :p

Quick, start a petition for a set of old fashioned monkey bars, it may not be too late. ;) I can hear the gold falling from here.

HOW did we survive the old fashioned playgrounds ? now swings are dangerous ! we had old steam rollers and tractors in the CITY playgrounds. sure, fell on me head a few times, bit of a rattle now. :lol: seen a few places where the vandals like to break up the rubber flooring. great fun it seems. find textas and spray cans sometimes. pretty sad.

yes all the parks around get melted by bored teenagers I miss the monkey bars we had a rocket ship in our local park all gone no wonder the teenagers burn things they have no age appropriate rides for them when I was teenager I loved the turning platforms having a few beers and waking up still going around and around :lol:

Well the park is done. New tot climbing gear, bark all round. Bonus! Some other gear has the rubber matting/ floor. Bummer. A lot more play area. All ready for summer :p

Latest posts