Australian History

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep Tathraj, he sure is, but he plies his trade in the good 'ol USA. As this is the Australian History thread, the person I have in mind made his name here. However, he has a few similarities with Wolfe, including that he originally hailed from Europe.

RJ is very interested in food, and may know the answer to this one.

Gold pick gets it. I still have his original book on Thai food, from the late 70's or early 80's.
Sorry Sluiceman, you have to answer a question correctly before you get to post one.

Cheers DrDuck, here's an easy one as my brain is hurting at the moment.

What two beaches in SA starred in a 1980's classic movie, and what was the movie (must have all three answers correct)? Hint, one beach was named at the time, and the name has stuck ever since, the other was already named.

I think that would be the movie Gallipoli, with the two locations being Coffin Bay and Farm Beach.

Close enough Willo1, the other beach is north of Coffin Bay, and was named Gallipoli Beach after filming on location there. Your turn. :)

My first thought was the 90's Australian sexploitation movie Maslin Beach, shot in SA:

" Financed outside the political funding system now controlling the Australian film industry, Maslin Beach demonstrates an interesting filmmaking strategy - no costumes, no sets, one location and action contained within real time. The film features a huge cast of over forty performers, ranging from noted actors such as Edmund Pegge, Gary Waddell, Nick Gill, Eliza Lovell and Noel Purdon, to cameo performances by table top dancers, sex workers and opera singers - all performing naked for this seaside extravaganza. A day on a beach like no other in the world... Enjoy"

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0229564/

Thanks Goldpick. It was a great Aussie film. Maslin Beach is another great Aussie film DrDuck. They made some pretty good, low budget Australian films during the 80's and 90's. One of my favourites was a movie called 'Running on empty'. :)
This one should be pretty simple.

I originally came from the home of the black swan. I travelled by sea from my place of rest to help build an Australian icon. I can also be seen at other prominent sights around the same city. What am I and where did I come from?

Another good guess, but again no.
I am heading to Oallen Ford tomorrow so I will put up a big clue when I get back which will give it all away.

Clue,

The other sites I can be found at are the Captain Cook statue and the General Post Office.

Gday Willo1 , "Piss Off"... Thats a funny name... Must be Polish...
One of my ALL TIME favourite movies , woolongong area
Deborah Conway ? :p Tits out :p .. More long lost memories ...
This site has it all ....

Spot on D&S.
Hopefully one day I will be able to get onto the site of the old settlement which was built for the workers with my detector. It would be a treasure trove I think.

Latest posts