Australian History

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DrDuck said:
King Cole was Bripumyarrimin, a member of the Aboriginal cricket team who toured UK in 1868. He died of tuberculosis on the tour, and was buried at Tower Hamlets in London.

Well done, over to you. :)

No, Greglz86, Mc Williams have always been a pretty big operation and would have had many winemakers. I'd be surprised if anyone had been with them for that long.

I'm thinking of an iconic family company, with a pretty small operation that is famous for BIG reds. They are not in family hands now, but retained our person of interest for the final years of his tenure there.

Another hint. It is in the Clare Valley.

Back in the early 80's we used to buy wine from this place in 25l plastic containers and do home bottling. A few years ago I was at the Oak Barrel in Elizabeth st, and was looking at a bottle of Shiraz from the winery in question that was over $100 for the latest release. I reminisced to the bloke that we used to do the home bottling of the stuff back then for around $3 per bottle. He said some of his customers still had some from that period and it was drinking very well. As we were poor students back then we drank it all up, and unfortunately I don't have any now.

Ok, I've had a great wine history lesson but cant find 1917 wine maker. Just have to be satisfied with the drinking & await the answer.

Latest posts