Australian History

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nope to all the above

The area has a popular tourist attraction that is linked with the "local legend of a Romeo & Julliet" story
Its also the area of the grave sites of the family that ran the hotel

A Mr Baldy Adams, obtained a grant of land in the vicinity of Gins Leap to build a hospital but he changed his plans and in 1854 the structure opened for business as a hotel known as The Rock Inn. This became a vital stopover point and renowned landmark over the next 20 years until its closure around 1875, after the hotels were built in Boggabri.

I should have guessed it was a story from the area of you're new place of work ;)
Never studied this hard at school :)

Thanks Amanda.
Don't know I would ever have got there without Pete's great clue.
Was looking more in major towns n cities.
Well put question. One of the toughest.
Now I gotta come up with one.
Back soon as I can think up a good one :)

RR

Well we have 2 winners can you both pm me your addresses so i can send you the prizes and Pr2cv send me your address via pm and ill send you something as well

It has been great fun as ive said and 100,000 views is mind boggling

Ive learnt heaps as well as honed my research skills so a thanks again to all of our great members

Trevor

I get that you are after a certain implement that was a combination of an indigenous and european instrument and belonged to a certain person. Sort of like a waddy/cat of nine tails or something?

DrDuck said:
I get that you are after a certain implement that was a combination of an indigenous and european instrument and belonged to a certain person. Sort of like a waddy/cat of nine tails or something?

So very close Duck. Scary close :D
Exactly that type of thing

Latest posts