Australian History

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nope not Indian.

"King Solomon, built for himself a palace where all the walls were covered in objects of gold, all the household vessels were made of gold. Yet although a palace of great value of wonder it was completely overshadowed by the temple of worship Solomon had constructed after his fathers David's death, using the spoils of war garnered by David. The spoils of one campaign fought by King David were passed to his son for construction of the temple. The amount of gold in his first donation was set at a minimum of 2592tonnes. With a market value today of over thirty-seven billion ( in 1980 ). The main building of the temple was 30.5m long, 10m wide and 15m high. Although the frame was constructed by timber it was completely overlaid with sheets of gold and garnished with precious stones. Today such a building would be valued at 8 million dollars per square meter."

From Gold and Ghosts vol 1 again

At the prices now that is over 100billion in gold alone not including the gems!

You were close duck, your turn.

While we are waiting I found this little gem.

I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the
first and last ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a
taotl mses and you can still raed it wouthit a porbelm. This
is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by
istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh?

Cheers
Mick

backcreek said:

I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the

Cheers
Mick

Holy crap I could read that...
Looks like dutch :D

Sw1fty said:
backcreek said:

Cheers
Mick

Holy crap I could read that...
Looks like dutch :D

Amazing ain't it :)

sorry Duck, only Robyn jokes come to mind and don't know much history, learning from posts here!
C'mon you mexicans...

the duck said:
Okay What was unusual about the treaty batman signed and had co signed with the aboriginal leaders when he purchased melbourne

It was the first and only documented time when Europeans negotiated their presence and occupation of Aboriginal lands directly with the traditional owners?

Latest posts