Australian History

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Clue summary

I covered a HUGE area
I was NOT a living entity
There was a theme of water
I was formed in the 1st quarter of the 1900's
The title of 1 of Bobby Vee's songs is a HUGE clue

A new clue
I had about 400 members/participants

surf life saving australia
The first Australian Branch was formed in New South Wales in 1894 and the movement soon spread to all States. In December 1924, a dual system of lifesaving was established with Surf Life Saving Australia being responsible for ocean beaches and the Royal Life Saving Society - Australia responsible for all other waterways and stillwater environments.

Was it the coastwatchers? I'm on the phone, so won't fill in all the clues, but one of the members saved future President Kennedy during Ww2. Very clever wording of the clues! I guess the song is The Night has a thousand eyes!

DrDuck said:
Was it the coastwatchers? I'm on the phone, so won't fill in all the clues, but one of the members saved future President Kennedy during Ww2. Very clever wording of the clues! I guess the song is The Night has a thousand eyes!
You so very close, very, very, very close

DrDuck said:
Was it the coastwatchers? I'm on the phone, so won't fill in all the clues,1/ but one of the members saved future President Kennedy during Ww2. Very clever wording of the clues! I guess the song is 2/ The Night has a thousand eyes!

1/ is correct
2/ is correct

But where is the euphemism ?