Australia Post

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nah, Hate Aust post, all they give me are Bills.... Star track, they bring me my Big Goodies. :Y: ...

Although the Aust post small parcel Girl is quite cute. O:) .. She brings me my rock and mineral purchases.... :lol:

And it's Bourbon not Beer... ]:D

LW...

i got a cheap laugh at the postie last week , they always tell me they didnt lose any of the 19 items of mail or parcels which they lost in the last 7 years at this work address.

BUT ! before easter i found a bundle of mail in my driveway at work , i checked the CCTV and found they had bounced out of his saddlebags as he rode in the driveway , i delivered them myself ( only 9 items ) , then i printed a photo from the CCTV and left it with a note on top of my mailbox for him to find when he came back to work after the long weekend.

I played back the CCTV later that day to watch his reaction when he read my note .... " priceless " ( and he now has new saddlebags on his bike )

If you want a ( usually ) cheaper alternative , try www.interparcel.com.au

I have also used E-Go Express freight which were cheaper for a while but they are not 100% perfect either

Wishfull said:
Hey pushbikes are slow. Give them a brake sorry break.

Had a chat to our postie today and he has a new bike complete with battery power.
Runs really well but still cant out run dogs. Think he was talking about my two dogs !

Told him they were just trying to hurry him along a little.

Definitely shocking service. And what about those express stickers on letters that you pay extra for (ie $1 plus an extra 50c, effectively a 150% increase in no time) - so far as I know they still wait for the three times a week van in my rural area, but they still sell them! And why is it that things disappear in groups, especially at Christmas (e.g. tax return, MasterCard statement, bank statement over two weeks) - I changed a few identity details after that!

Whisp said:
HeadsUp said:
If you want a ( usually ) cheaper alternative , try www.interparcel.com.au

I have also used E-Go Express freight which were cheaper for a while but they are not 100% perfect either

I bought some XP gear from Cleggy and had him send it via Sendle https://www.sendle.com/, it was dirt cheap and faster than Aus Post, delivery at this end was handled by FastWay.

I tried sendle for a few months too but I found the pickups didnt happen for 1 - 2 days after booking and some items were super slow being delivered

They are not worth the headf**k to me.

Add to this. A bit embarrassing though. I wrote the wrong post code on my notes and that is why our PA member hasn't still got his parcel well Parcells now, I sent him. The parcel is now in W.A. and it should be in Victoria.
I told him I wasn't blond but I had an even worse affliction I'm grey!

As Aust Post fees go up their service goes DOWN. They are absolutely hopeless. My 2 year old grand niece could go faster and deliver things better.

Wishfull said:
Add to this. A bit embarrassing though. I wrote the wrong post code on my notes and that is why our PA member hasn't still got his parcel well Parcells now, I sent him. The parcel is now in W.A. and it should be in Victoria.
I told him I wasn't blond but I had an even worse affliction I'm grey!

At least you have hair! You know there is an issue when the barber spends more time covering up bald spots :)

LoneWolf said:
Well, Here is something very unusual.... Ordered New Brake Rotors on the 7/4/18 on Flea-bay

Received Brake Rotors today 12/4/18... They came all the way from WA and arrived at my front door on the Goldie.... 5 days from WA.... I love Star Track... :lol:

LW....

EBAY - Brakesonline ...?

Received a bit for my car a few days ago,didnt know startrack was ozpost but 2 days i think i think from SA to Kal i was impressed,
We had a small business over east retreading mx tyres for ten yrs,had a contract with ozpost to freight all our tyres to shops oz wide,couriers hated us,piles of tyres strapped in bundles of 5 filled there vans up pretty quick but we had a contract,didnt lose alot of tyres over the yrs,not much more then a handfull really,never bothered me,ozpost is not perfect but a pretty reliable system most the time i allways thought......

Trash said:
LoneWolf said:
Well, Here is something very unusual.... Ordered New Brake Rotors on the 7/4/18 on Flea-bay

Received Brake Rotors today 12/4/18... They came all the way from WA and arrived at my front door on the Goldie.... 5 days from WA.... I love Star Track... :lol:

LW....

EBAY - Brakesonline ...?

Sparesbox Wishful... :Y:

LW....

I lowered my expectations on delivery times and I'm never disappointed. There are people who love to nitpick and challenge exaggerated promises and that's a good thing because it keeps them trying.
I'm in Adelaide and incoming is usually
Sydney = 7 days
Melbourne-3-7 days
Perth- 7 days

That's for express domestic and anything that turns up sooner is a pleasant surprise. Also delivery timing also depends on the day you place an order.

International is always a crapshoot. I just factor in a month and usually things turn up within that time frame. Sometimes I track my parcel doing a few laps of Australia before it turns up at my door. That's logistics.

On things not arriving. Well I can only praise auspost there. Most of my shopping is online so I've purchased thousands of items over the years. Not one item has failed to make it to my door safe and sound. I've fared much worse with small courier companies though. :mad:

numpty said:
i get motorcycle parts sent from japan (5 days) faster than Aust post can deliver a letter to the same state that i live in!. :N: :N: :N:
That's good hey... they must almost turn up two days before you order them. :D

LoneWolf said:
Trash said:
LoneWolf said:

LW....

EBAY - Brakesonline ...?

Sparesbox Wishful... :Y:

LW....

Oops... :p Sparesbox Trash... :cool: And they have Afterpay... :Y:

LW....

Just a look at the efficiency of Australia Post and they keep asking me to rate them, would have to give them 5 out of 10 for trying.

1548364546_screenshot_2019-01-24_mypost_deliveries.jpg

Always thought that Silverwater NSW was very very close to some parts of Sydney than Melbourne, it must have slipped into the wrong bin. :(

Yes it makes little sense and looks more expensive travelling far more than needed.

But the biggest problem as I see it is summoned up in one word - privatization.

Before Auspost was 100% government owned,run and subsidized,but now it is franchised post offices and couriers who bid for the runs with the lowest bidder get the gig.

Giving any job to the lowest denomination will almost certainly guarantee problems,but at least the government can wash it's hands of the problem happily blaming another.

Australia Post sucks!
I sent something to my mother, who lives 40 minutes' drive from the post box where I posted it - and it took 6 days to get there!
Once upon a time, it would have taken 2 days at most!

I've got mail delivered to my letterbox for a different street address, several times now (same unit and street number as mine - but a completely different street name, that's nothing like my street name), and a guy from that address showed up at my place with a package that had been delivered to his place for me - sent it back saying wrong street address - and it was delivered to him a second time!! He gave up and delivered it himself. Nice guy... I then got a Christmas card from overseas for him and delivered it to his place a week later! Didn't even bother sending it back to Aust Post, because they'd probably send it back to me again, like they did to him!

They're hopeless!!

Latest posts