Australia is Moving too Quick for GPS to Keep Up

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was told once that the GPS system is always in error for
public use. It stops it from being used to it's full potential.
Made me laugh as who cares about 4.5 feet for a nuke. :lol:
I have seen a gps scramble for 5 minutes as an update was done.
Happens a fair bit.
If there is a conflict, The coordinates for that area are periodically
scrambled to confuse a low grade guidance system.

That is interesting Tath. My drone will come back and land automatically within a metre or so of where it took off. Accurate enough for for evil doers to make a mess.
The pre programming would make it simple to strap on some nasties and fly it to a set destination and then.... Bang!
I saw a video from the U S of A where a drone like mine just would not fly into a restricted airspace around an airport. Must be in the software.

I would say that the software in the drone would mark the spot regardless where it took off from.
It would not be referring to a map for co-ordinates. Might explain why there are sudden fly offs at
times but there would be a buffer so that if it looses it's place, It would wait for a set time before
either self destructing or just land itself. :)
I doubt Australia is moving quick enough to effect it. LOL

Tathradj said:
I was told once that the GPS system is always in error for
public use. It stops it from being used to it's full potential.
Made me laugh as who cares about 4.5 feet for a nuke. :lol:
I have seen a gps scramble for 5 minutes as an update was done.
Happens a fair bit.
If there is a conflict, The coordinates for that area are periodically
scrambled to confuse a low grade guidance system.

That was Selective Availability

http://www.gps.gov/systems/gps/modernization/sa/

"Selective Availability (SA) was an intentional degradation of public GPS signals implemented for national security reasons.
In May 2000, at the direction of President Bill Clinton, the U.S government discontinued its use of Selective Availability in order to make GPS more responsive to civil and commercial users worldwide."