Auction rocks

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Managed to convince my better half to head to an auction on the weekend. Had some lapidary equipment and rock lots. Managed to get a couple of rock lots as well as a couple of other bargains, but missed out on the cabbing grinder I had gone down there for and a lot of bolder opal with some tiger iron that I had my eye on. Was a fun day despite the heat , still going through our lots, but ended up with a few nice bits.

Thanks guys, only two or three bits had any sort of label. So not much of an idea where most of it comes from.
There was a lot with some maps and mud maps, but I missed out on that as well :rolleyes:

WOW thats AWESOME
I like rocks as well ( dont know what many are called tho :( )
like or Obsessed whats the difference :D
Nice score ( or was it hard on the pocket ) :)

I think I would class myself as obsessed :D
I have no idea if I overpaid or scored well, but as I have a birthday coming up, it will be an early present from the wife and kids.
I got two lots for $10, one for $20 and a lot of bigger pieces for $50. Also got the desert roses and garnets for $10. So ended up dropping $100 on rocks :eek: Sounds kind of bad when I put it like that, but it will keep me happy for a while :cool:

Great finds/buys there Shivan. Must be exciting too as you go through the goodies.

Pity about not winning the maps but ...

Latest posts