Ararat Trip G0lddigg@ MJB Teemore

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

G0lddigg@

Dustin
Site Sponsor
Reaction score
With failed plans of a drywashing session due to a deluge of rain in the Golden Triangle this week we decided to hit one of MJB's Secret locations with the highbanker.
Well when i got there of course there was no water in the creek... getting a little worried i drove up a bit further to find a small pool of water just enough maybe to recirculate for a while.

After pulling all my gear out of the truck MJB rocked up and told me there was water further up stream so we moved up a bit to a ripper spot which had enough water for a settling pond and clean pickup on recirc.

Teemore rocked up just after wed turned the pump on for the first time, I'd never seen Teemore swing a shovel so I was a little impressed when he jumped straight in and both him and MJB where at it non stop. I spent most of my time moving rocks and bucketing water back into the pickup pond so i cant say I dug as hard as the boys did but the rewards were there, its nice gold real fine stuff very much like Eldorado.

I reckon we may have moved the pump 6 times before we worked out a way to push the water up creek.... yep we were all pretty impressed that wed defied gravity and used the pressure of the pump to push water upwards which kept the water at the highbanker pretty clean.

All in all it was a great spot and a great day out with some great blokes i know well be back at this spot rain hail or shine...

1421363021_20150114_151311.jpg
1421363049_20150114_131507.jpg

1421363049_20150114_131523.jpg

1421363049_20150114_151317.jpg

1421363049_20150114_161024.jpg

1421363440_20150114_151307.jpg

hey Frank its one of those spots you could sit back with a coffee and talk about all the work you could do :)

Good day out, great surroundings and a couple of really nice blokes to exercise the jaws with ...... always nice to meet someone new from a different state ... bloody hell that MJB is keen, shame he has to travel so far, he'd be stoked with some of the GT locations, maybe next time.

Oh some nice colour as well and some good looking crystals (maybe MJB can post a pic?).

Thanks for the invite guys, much appreciated.

Cheers T.

Oh .... in all honesty, as the old fart of the group they probably could have moved an extra yard if I hadn't grabbed the shovel and slowed them down.

Hahah rubbish you move dirt like a dozer mate....

Forgot about the gems.... they were awesome hope MJB took some photos

Yep jealous azz lads ...ive never had easy diggs like that... :D
Cant wait to get my Rato pump i just wanna use my highbanker now....

Sorry for the late reply everyone but I have been up in the big smoke (Adelaide) for the weekend.

Yes...it was one of those days I will remember for a long time, great blokes, a few laughs, great spot and great gold. Having not used a Highbanker before ( I have one minus the pump) :( it was good to see my fave spot get a bit of attention with some decent gear. I am usually happy enough panning all day finding colours in every pan but the Highbanker of Golddiggas is one mean machine that chews through the material like nothing else...and the results blew me away :eek:

Having met Golddigga and Teemore for the first time and saw the enthusiasm you two blokes have for all things prospecting really made the day regardless of how much colour we found. I'm looking forward to more digging with these two fellas any day of the week!

Pics of the quartz crystals to come....

Cheers

what price would you put on it ?

A few mates , Aussie bush , and probably a couple of beers to wash away the dust whilst panning out the days takings !

$200 , $300 , a day ?

In the words of the great man Kerrigan " tellem their dreamin "

That boys is priceless !

One word from me. Green as in envy

Well done

Cheers :D

Bacchus said:
what price would you put on it ?

A few mates , Aussie bush , and probably a couple of beers to wash away the dust whilst panning out the days takings !

$200 , $300 , a day ?

In the words of the great man Kerrigan " tellem their dreamin "

That boys is priceless !

One word from me. Green as in envy

Well done

Cheers :D

Your right bacchus....priceless it is!

Can't believe it took me so long to get into this unreal past time. Wish I had started 18 years ago...not 18 months!

Yep headsup....just the adventure is worth more than the gold :)

Very nice mate. Looking to get down there for my first trip this year, hope I have your luck.

Great effort gents. I am quite surprised how little water you have in the triangle. Not dry enough for dry blower but not much water for the high banker either. :/

Yeah sorry man...Was taking pics of the highbanker and the batteries went flat in the camera. All charged up now so will take some this arvo

Ok..here are a few pics of the more interesting pieces of crystalised quartz we got from our trip to Ararat. Some are terminated crystals and others are really clear, almost like glass and have a rainbow like effect along planes where it has fractured. I know nothing about rocks but I reckon they are all forms of quartz.....interesting anyway.
1421914851_crys1.jpg

1421914874_crys2.jpg

1421914888_crys3.jpg

1421914909_crys4.jpg

1421914926_crys5.jpg

1421914946_crys6.jpg

I might have to post them in the gem section and see what the rock hounds among us reckon.

Cheers

Latest posts