ANZAC DAY - LEST WE FORGET

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1524559991_skynews.img.860.512.jpg

At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.

My grandad .................. one of the lucky one's in that he came home from Gallipoli but left a lot of mates behind. Talked very little of it, but many times as a child I could see the sadness in his eyes, and in fact can never recall hearing him laugh. Indeed Lest We Forget

1524563878_thomas_carter_grandpa_army_picture_1.jpg

I want to thank all service men and women both past and present for their service and continued service, may God Bless you.
I want to acknowledge my Father and My Step Father for their service in the Merchant Navy and the AIF.
My heart bleeds for both tomorrow as I am still trying to understand their sorrows and pain that they suffered.
My Father was on three seperate ships trying to deliver goods to the soldiers and was sunk 3 times in the Atlantic.
He never spoke of the war and never collected his medals.
I have them now, however in respect of him I will never wear them.
To those serving, and those past, We Will Remember Them, God Bless Them All.
Please forgive the tears as I still miss my Dad.
I love you Dad.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxThank You
Your Ever Loving Son

A BIG thank you to all those who have served or are still serving. :Y: :Y: :Y: :Y: :Y: :Y: :Y: :Y: :Y:
And to the grubs who dishonoured the war memorial, please join one of our military services and learn the meaning of respect and get some discipline. :N: :N: :N: :N: :N:

Hey Makka your a decent kind bloke and I respect your decision regarding your father's medals :Y:. I hope your kids wear them on his behalf to express their pride and as a symbol of recognition for their grandfather and his mates who fought with him. I have a few family members who I think of and can't help but think of their mates who were such an important part in them coming home wether their mates did or didnt. As hard as it is Makka be proud and wear those medals with pride if it feels right you won't regret it I think it'll help.

Best regards RM Outback.

WE WILL REMEMBER THEM

The past present and unfortunately the future service me and women who have and will continue to sacrifice so much for the rest of us.

To all service personnel, current and past, I thank you for your service.

Just got home from the local service. Have grandson Deano staying with us and he asked me to take him and he wore his Great Grandads medals. It was good to see so many there and apparently there was an even larger crowd at the dawn service. Lots of young people which was good to see.
To my shame it has been a long tie since I attended an ANZAC service. I found it very moving.

LEST WE FORGET

One of my Granfathers Brothers died at Lone Pine Gallipoli on 8/8/15. Thank you for your sacrifice Great Uncle Reginald. Today I went to Bungonia to lay a spray of flowers at their Anzac Service in memory of you . To all Ex-service men and women, returned servicemen and women and currently serving members of the defence forces a big thankyou. Lest we forget.

Lest we Forget. I went to the Anzac Day service in Bungonia . One of my grandfathers brothers got through the Gallipoli Landing only to be killed at Lone Pine. Today a laid a spray of flowers on their memorial in his honour. Thanks to all who have served ,past and present. I also went to the Dawn service here at home and the gunfire breakfast as well before heading down there.

My granddad and his two brothers fought at Gallipoli and in France. He came home but his two brothers didn't. My grandfather, on my mother's side also fought in France. He came home but his brother didn't. My Dad fought in New Guinea and made it home. My family NEVER spoke of their experiences. They never forgot but took the stories of their experiences to the grave.

As a current serving member of the ADF, and on behalf of the other members on here who are still serving or who have served, I would like to thank you all for the respect shown here to the ANZAC tradition.
You only have to look at the news to find that some people totally miss the point of why we do what we do.

I had a great day, being invited to lead the march, speak and lay a wreath with the community of Batlow, NSW.
Lest We Forget

As a current serving member of the ADF, and on behalf of the other members on here who are still serving or who have served, I would like to thank you all for the respect shown here to the ANZAC tradition.
You only have to look at the news to find that some people totally miss the point of why we do what we do.
I had a great day, being invited to lead the march, speak and lay a wreath with the community of Batlow, NSW.
Lest We Forget

Latest posts