ANZAC DAY - LEST WE FORGET

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lest We Forget.
1447247585_rising_sun_poppy.jpg

'In Flanders Fields'
In Flanders fields the poppies grow
Between the crosses, row on row,
That mark our place; and in the sky
The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the Dead. Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
Loved and were loved, and now we lie
In Flanders fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw
The torch; be yours to hold it high.
If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
In Flanders fields
"John McCrae"

Parks said:
I just had one of the "LEST WE FORGET" discoveries!
As stated in "small scale mining", I found a shaft that back dates to 1930-1940's. Where a bloke "left" his pick in the shaft. I've got the photo's, the pick and the ladder now at home. This bloke didn't abandon the shaft, rather, as stated by locals, he kept coming back and digging his drive shaft, week after week. He was digging a few feet towards a waterfall pool in an old creek bed, which contained huge nuggets.
I only just realised today, that he left his pick there to go to WAR! AND HE NEVER RETURNED!
LEST WE FORGET.

It bought tears to my eye's while standing around the campfire thinking, how, and where, he was killed in action. And what he left behind.

I'd like to see the ode of rememberace posted on Monday . I may forget being busy with the old man and uncles but if I do can someone please remember to post it .

scottlucky said:
I wish the finding of gold was as easy as selling the badges last week.

as with the gold every $$ counts

support your local RSL

Indeed, I'll will be looking to support our local RSL with a pin purchase. Lest we forget.

Yes to all of the men and women who served this great country and are still serving.

Lest We Forget.

Local Dawn service for me. An annual opportunity to publicly acknowledge unbelievable sacrifice.
While I appreciate the freedom, the price of buying our freedom was and is way too high.
Thankyou ANZACs past & present.

petnlyn said:
condor22 said:
Will go to the Dawn Service as usual, will March in the City as usual.... :)

Lest We Forget
I hope we all buy a gold pin for a great cause

Yes this supports Legacy.

Legacy helps the families of those service men and women K.I.A., injured or affected by doing their duty. It behoves us to look after their families as they "did their bit" looking after ours................

Yes indeed for the 17 million plus souls that died in the first world war along with the other 20 million also wounded together with the many others in the wars that followed we should all remember.
If you then add all the families and friends of these casualties of war, the figure goes out to a number that would be indeed hard to even imagine.
"Lest We Forget"