Anyone used a famous trails MD 7030?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all. I was given a famous trails MD 7030 as a gift some years ago. Now before I get all the critical comments to "throw it away", I'm fully aware they are cheapo low end junk, but I figure, as I'm heading out for my first detect to the GT in a few weeks, it's got to be better than swinging my pecker in the air right? Or is it? My question is has anyone used one of these and are they capable of finding anything? It seems to work well around the yard, but I'm hoping it might at least deliver a bit of fun if nothing else. Certainly until we can afford to splash for a good quality one.
Thanks
Daz

Hi Daz no never used one never heard of one , there are many places where it could be used it in the GT around old home steads hotels parks race tracks if its got a discriminator well any spot that has junk is worth a look as most people just walk away from them, the mineralisation may be a problem but once you start detecting you will soon know all the best regards john :)

Latest posts