Anyone long term Cycling Across Australia witha bicycle?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They might not even let you out of the airport when you tell them what you want to do ,... imigration officials will decide if you have the money and the knowhow and the permits to do what you are saying ,..... some person in an official uniform with no idea about it all could decide to put you on the next plane home just to save our country the cost of hauling you out of the outback for your own safety at some stage. And they won't give a toss about what you say, they'll still sleep well that night too cause they're trained to think on it no more once the deed is done. :eek:
They be just trying to avoid this
1503077507_images-1.jpg

or worse still ,..... t h i s.
1503077631_images-5.jpg

Hahaha reminds me when I can back from overseas after cycling around south east Asia they went through everything but that's fair enough, as I had a broken bicycle under one arm, a passport full of strange boarder stamps that they never heard of and was wearing a tailored suit ( because cheap to do over over there ) I must have looked pretty dodgy. I liked how three different customs people all asked me the same questions but in three different ways. Authoritarian, friendly then have a chat. Very clever.

DeepThoughtCycle said:
7.62marksman said:
Read some of the post on here from blokes that have been doing this for years and they know the country and most times where to go and yhey only get grams at a time over weeks of detecting
If you go onto a lease or private property and take gold then you might end up with free room and board for a while
All i can say is read the posts on this forum and you will see i dont lie
Thanks. Your posts and others are a treasure of knowledge. I am but a sponge. Thanks for any info.
take into account sponges dry out. In really remote areas you are less likely to get hit by a car but there is no one to help you if you need it.

DeepThoughtCycle said:
Goldfreak said:
Agree. I would try to do the two things separately. I think that would increase your chances of success.
The bike and trailer are my tool. Its a tough call between Where to go, Victoria, vs Western Australia, both, etc.. I dont have the funds to get a vehicle, and honestly I think Im capable with bike and trailer.

I try to keep mobile. Biggest issue for me is water, how much I can carry, and setting the right waypoints and distributing my availiable time per each section. Also I am trying to leave a margin for the poeple I meet who will offer insight on places to go off gred that I didnt plan on before arriving.
I just read this post. They might not let you in if you don't have enough money in your account. Maybe some one here knows the exact amount you need to have ?

DeepThoughtCycle has ambitions way beyond possibilities. Apparent research beyond watching TV= Nil

It's a bit like me saying...I watched three guys on TV at a place called Devil's Canyon find some gold in a creek. OK then..I am off to British Columbia to get some gold and make my fortune and I will go in winter because I can handle some snow.

This fellow is more likely to end up being a casualty than successful.

Still, the world needs dreamers and it looks like we have a live one. 8) 8)

Good luck mate!!! :)

A wonderful dream, however I think mine has a greater chance of being realized and it involves the pinhead in the blue dress off the Ford ads, the Trivago girl and an assortment of fruits and food stuffs.

60 to 80 oz? try aiming for 6 to 8 and you may just scrape it in (but not with you current detector) after months of in the field experience learning the machine and learning to read the ground here and researching where to go.

You want a life changing event for your family? It will be, unfortunately not for the better.

madtuna said:
A wonderful dream, however I think mine has a greater chance of being realized and it involves the pinhead in the blue dress off the Ford ads, the Trivago girl and an assortment of fruits and food stuffs.

60 to 80 oz? try aiming for 6 to 8 and you may just scrape it in (but not with you current detector) after months of in the field experience learning the machine and learning to read the ground here and researching where to go.

You want a life changing event for your family? It will be, unfortunately not for the better.
You have the same condition of a mate of mine. He has a thing for the girl in the ford ad too. Not to encourage your fantasies mad tuna but here you go.
1503098715_ngaire-dawn-fair-1.jpg

Apparantly the Trivago girl is an Aussie girl working in England making an effort at acting-I think she's doing quite well--don't you?? Very nice in that black flowing dress and very nicely made up. :Y:

Goldfreak said:
madtuna said:

You have the same condition of a mate of mine. He has a thing for the girl in the ford ad too. Not to encourage your fantasies mad tuna but here you go.https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/10082/1503098715_ngaire-dawn-fair-1.jpg

Seems to be a few blokes with a thing for her goldfreak , mick Malloy the mmm radio guy loves her even brought her onto the show !

Her name is Ngair Dawn Fair. Yes Jaros she is an actor from Melbourne. Saw this and just had to post it. To keep it relevant to the post this would the best case scenario if he gets hit by a semi and sent to hospital.
1503099398_11393268_1438037009835677_8238956532000211853_n.jpg

Jaros said:
Apparantly the Trivago girl is an Aussie girl working in England making an effort at acting-I think she's doing quite well--don't you?? Very nice in that black flowing dress and very nicely made up. :Y:

Yep I see her every day, Scrubs up well aye, ;) :p :lol: :lol:

Gotta keep the blood pessure down as 2 weeks ago passed out walking into the kitchen. Lay there in a shivering cold sweat with the Cocker licking my face. Spent the night in hospital with a blood pressure high of 92. Scary. :eek:

Ridge Runner said:
Jaros said:

Bullsh## hahahaha

Jaros said:
Gotta keep the blood pessure down as 2 weeks ago passed out walking into the kitchen. Lay there in a shivering cold sweat with the Cocker licking my face. Spent the night in hospital with a blood pressure high of 92. Scary. :eek:
But did your nurse look like that ? Seriously though Jaros take care hope my message didnt get you worked up too much.

Goldfreak said:
Ridge Runner said:
Jaros said:

Bullsh## hahahaha

ON The TV, not in real life :lol: :lol: :lol:

Truly bizarre reading MT's post , I thought I was the only one with Fordus Trivagos disease must be something to it but don't like the new haircut ! As for our ambitious cycling old mate keep the dream alive ! But watch out for the Spiders , Snakes , Border Patrols , angry lease holders who like gold thieves for target practice , dehydration and if they don't get you watch out for this guy ?

1503101787_img_0295.jpg

Latest posts