Anyone had a coil like this?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jon

Reaction score
Was out today, got a half gram bit so wasn't a total waste of time, but ran into an old bloke using an old 2100. We talked for a while then he asked how my 5000 was. I told him I loved it and showed him my little bit I got. I showed him how good it can pick up little bits by turning it on and waving the coil over it. He then had a go with his. Hardly a signal even rubbing the coil over it. I then picked the bit up and couldn't figure out why he had so much trouble getting it. I then waved the bit over the top of the coil, ping, good signal, then under it and hardly a response. It detected better on top of the coil than below it. His coil was a dud. I asked him how much he had found since he got it years ago. His reply, poor old guy, 3 ounces. Im guessing he was walking around with a useless coil for all that time. Iv seen dud coils but never like that one!

farmeroz said:
Poor guy, wonder if the coil was from northern hemisphere and dosnt work as well 'down under' :)
:lol: - see another good reason to buy Australian. Need the special Downunder workings.

another good reason to check your coils at home before you go bush. A threashold check before detecting would have solved this as well.

Latest posts