Anyone found Gold with the Garrett AT-GOLD detector

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello all. I have had a couple of times detecting in the Whipstick park near Bendigo. I have never been able to find anyone in this area finding gold with the Garrett AT-Gold detector.
I am still a learner, and having difficulty with settings. Just want to know if this detector is able to find deeper gold as I imagine the shallower targets have possibly been found.

If anyone has had success in this area with the AT-Gold, I will just need to do much much more testing to get to know the machine better. I have read the manual and watched the videos over and over again. I think I just need this answer so I know I am not wasting my time with this particular detector as I cannot afford the minelab detectors.
Thank you all for your answer.

Regards

I have gone out many times with friends who own a AT they have found nothing and most of them now have sold them and bought something else one bloke has been out 20 -25 times and might be lucky to find one piece of lead shot while we are finding hand full of shot and also finding gold

Finding gold in the whipstick is getting tough with any machine . Cant comment on your particular machine, but the area in general gets a good going over.Having said that shallow gold can still be found ,just have to go over the top of it.

227dick, I actually find lots of lead shot & the likes, but still would like to know what detector you use when finding lots of lead or other?

Wishful, have you detected in Bendigo State Forest (whipstick)?

lordo.1, thank you. Do you know anyone who has found gold with the Garrat AT-GOLD?

I dont mind putting in the effort if needed. Just dont want someone saying 'no you wont find anything in Whipstick with that detector' after I have done months or years of detecting.

I have only been down detecting for a few weeks at whipstick, so just doing some research before going down next time as it cost me a bit to get there.

Bastet i dont use a garrat so have not heard of many finds relating to them .Maybe look in the garrat section of this forum there is and will be heaps of threads about them , Good luck

The "Gold" in AT-Gold does not actually indicate nuggets but rather gold jewellery and coins.

These machines are not dedicated gold prospecting machines. All the easy gold that would of screamed with the VLF's is mostly long gone.

Can it find gold, or has anyone found gold with them, well yes. But very rarely. Warren from NQ Explorers has some videos of them finding gold with AT's.

I don't know how he done it, credit to him.

Anyways. Good luck.
Gold is funny and can be weird so, you never know.

I had an AT Gold for 6 months when I first dipped my toe in to detecting. Detected in the Whipstick and all over the GT. Never found one piece of gold with it. The AT tested my enthusiasm which just grew and grew even without finding gold. So with gold fever running through the veins I eventually found a way to afford a GPX4500, and within weeks of getting it found my first piece of gold. Then they started to roll in ...... though not as regualar of late.
I'd suggest you're wasting your time, as I was, with the AT Gold. Just my opinion based on my experience. Sorry to be the barer of bad news, but you did ask.

if you have your settings correct finding gold with the garret is easy my first nugget find 12grams found with a garret AT GOLD sounded like junk.
1532877664_10557715_308826902621650_6216647844330954754_o.jpg

also its pretty good for coins and relics as others have said its so called not classed as a gold detector because apparently it only finds gold jewellery and coins not actual gold nuggets but believe what you like I found the above about half a foot in the ground. in a trashy area overlooked by most.

Hunting the yellow said:
also its pretty good for coins and relics as others have said its so called not classed as a gold detector because apparently it only finds gold jewellery and coins not actual gold nuggets but believe what you like I found the above about half a foot in the ground. in a trashy area overlooked by most.

HTY, obviously your fairly successful with the AT Gold, care to share some more tactics about using a VLF for gold?
Matt T

Ship of fools said:
Hunting the yellow said:

HTY, obviously your fairly successful with the AT Gold, care to share some more tactics about using a VLF for gold?
Matt T

mainly stick to unknown goldfields and fine tune my detector to my secret gold settings

HTY, the original poster could use some tips on those secret settings. Sharing is caring haha

Ive never used the AT gold. If i had i would be happy to share settings. The machine has copped a pasting on social media, any advice would be well received

Nuggz said:
HTY, the original poster could use some tips on those secret settings. Sharing is caring haha

Ive never used the AT gold. If i had i would be happy to share settings. The machine has copped a pasting on social media, any advice would be well received

Latest posts