Anybody having any luck with the FORS Gold?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Garry, threshold is used for when your in the GEN mode on the Fors Gold. This sets the threshold for better use of the detectors sensitivity to all metals. When its set in the GEN mode, you'll hear the background hum and have full control over its strength as now it will be highlighted in the menu system, allowing you to turn it up or down.
When your in one of the other modes...BST =2tone.....DI3=3tone, the threshold will not be available in the menu to adjust....its only available when your in the GEN mode.

Most VLF detectors will have whats called an ALL METAL MODE...the Fors Gold calls this setting...GEN.

So you have the nokta fors gold? how do you rate this detector? have you had success in finding any gold.

The Fors gold has the same potential at finding gold as most other VLF detectors...personally iv not found gold with it, but my partner has. Other than when first testing the unit, iv not really spent much time trying to find gold with it due to looking for relics instead. It has a very simple menu system and is pretty much a turn on and go detector. If you put in the time with it, you will find gold with it.

Narrawa said:
Got out to Hill End for another day last Saturday, had a look around at some new spots and did ok on one of them.
On the last location of the day, the good women tells me she found a bit of gold....im thinking she found a wee bit, didn't expect it to weigh in at 2.1grams. Go the Fors gold.
http://s6.postimg.org/abwx1up59/P1000671.jpg
http://s6.postimg.org/h3nc4pe4t/P1000674.jpg

The RACER did ok on the earlier spots tried, unfortunately for me, both items of interest have now been misplaced...the buckle i found im sure will turn up when we return due to it falling out of our camp kitchen after cleaning it. I know where it is.....and looking forward to getting back out there to retrieve it.
The other item i found was an early 1800s Snuff Box complete with Tobacco.?? This has simply been misplaced....very disappointing let me tell you as i looked forward to opening it.
Sh!t happens.

Wicked, well done, and Congrats to the Good Lady, what a Champ.

Thanks RR, i'll be hitting the ground again this weekend round Hill End with both RACER and Fors gold detectors. Iv been a little slack latterly and not put up our finds.....i'll get back on track shortly with what we have been finding of late.

g'day Narrawa
I often drive through Gulfong on my way to Wellington and I always wonder what Hill end would be like to visit. My sister and brother inlaw back in the day (25yrs ago) used to go camping 4WDin out there on a regular basis.
Might have to put it on the to do list.
Cheers !

nucopia said:
g'day Narrawa
I often drive through Gulfong on my way to Wellington and I always wonder what Hill end would be like to visit. My sister and brother inlaw back in the day (25yrs ago) used to go camping 4WDin out there on a regular basis.
Might have to put it on the to do list.
Cheers !
Hill End is a must see destination, especially if your into metal detecting, panning, sluicing and camping...its got it all. Two great museums to check out and a pub that puts on a decent feed.

Im up there most weekends doing a bit of detecting, or training. Have folks out there ATM i'll be fast tracking with their Nokta and Makro detectors just as soon as the weather clears up.

Thanks Narrawa
Just talking with my wife an son about heading out to Wello for a long weekend, if we go we will probably be leaving Thursday morning and stay in Wello Thursday Night. Then head out Friday to a mates place just out of Town. We did a bit of paning sluicing with him back in April. He has all the equipment set up, so we will just work along with him to learn and hope he takes pitty on us and gives us a share of what is found..
But will defenetly keep Hill End on my list when I get sorted with detector pans/sluice and gamping gear over the next few months.

:)

All good mate, you can catch up with me anytime during the week at the Prospecting shop in Mudgee, that way i can let you know when im heading out there if you need some tips/help.

Matsamgd said:
I have a Nokta Fors Gold, just coming to terms on how best to use it. If someone has one, what is the "threshold" used for? Did not find any gold in Bendigo this time but with a little bit more practice and some helpful advice I may have a better chance next visit in July! any tips on how best to use the Nokta will be appreciated.

Cheers

Garry

Talk to John, an agent, down in Ardeer Park, just outside Melb.

Latest posts