Any ideas?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Anyone know what this is?
1644588268_6156797d-6569-45d5-b79d-87d2cdfeb593.jpg

Its not my find by the way.Just asking for a fellow detectorist.Its a real hard nut to crack.

The right-hand end in the pic looks like a plunger. I'm no expert on wind instruments, but to me it kinda resembles some of the fittings on trumpets and the like. If the left-hand end held a flat, vibrating reed, is this what the internal parts of some sort of wind instrument look like?

I have seen one of these many many years ago and did my head in than trying to work out what its for, almost like its an aid for tying off something as the plunger pulls out to expose that hole near the flange.

so cant wait to find out what it is for :goldnugget:

Eldorado, does the knurled knob on the right hand end of your picture come out with a spiral main shaft or is it solid, the same diameter as the outer shaft?

Just to reiterate guys,this is not my find,just trying to get to the bottom of this mystery item for a fellow detectorist.
Manpa said:
Eldorado, does the knurled knob on the right hand end of your picture come out with a spiral main shaft or is it solid, the same diameter as the outer shaft?
1644644901_1fe2158a-d6cc-4896-99b0-29100dde9406.jpg

I've got a vague memory of something like that.... I think it might be something you stick into a hole to pull something out????!!!! Electrical wire????

Latest posts