Another Newbie In Brisvegas.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

petesabout

pete
Reaction score
Hi all,
Been a long time coming but have finally arrived in Brizzy From California USA.
My name's Pete and i'm British Not American....California was a 4 year pitstop En route to Oz ;-)
Anyhow, i now have the painful wait for the Shipping container to arrive from the states, which contains my detector (Sovereign GT)
along with my pans,sluice etc.Not expected to be released from customs until mid January :-(
The pans and sluice have never been used but were purchased hoping they would!
Just hoping to get chatting to a few local people, who may want to meet up in the near future for detecting or fossicking.
I'm normally a beach hunter,so looking mainly for outings to the Gold coast or other possible beaches.
Could even ride share to save gas if anyone is interested in the same.
Not too sure where i'll be living once the container arrives, but i know it'll be within 10kms of the CBD.
Probably west, like Indooroopilly/Kenmore/Auchenflower, allthough the Mrs has spotted a house she likes in Morningside! :eek:
I'll start shouting a little louder as the container delivery gets nearer,until then i hope someone reads this that might like to hook up.
Gimme a holler :)
Cheers

Pete.

Welcome,

The beaches are getting done over more and more, but its still a good time out and the exercise is worth it.

Always stuff on the beach, you just gotta put the coil over it!
But agreed, it's more about getting out in the fresh air than anything else. :D

Hello petesabout, welcome to the forum. There's not too many beaches in Brisbane. Best bet is the Sunshine or Gold Coast areas.
My wife and i live close to Morningside., approx. 2klm away, might spot you out there somewhere.
Jaros. :p

Good to see we still quarantine POMs before they get here. Welcome to Oz get used to our humor. Head down to Byron Bay for a beach hunt - beautiful people lose beautiful things

You British American Australians are all the same,...hope you have good luck(haha).
Meant in the nicest possible way.