Am and a NEW FORS GOLD Plus.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AngerManagement

Repairs + X-pointers
Site Sponsor
Reaction score
Get 3 pins in my L/Wrist in a weeks time... So only a few days to play with the New Fors Gold+.

A: Arrived in Quick time - Thanks Au Post and Nenad (Phase Technical)

B: Well packed and wrapped to ensure no damage AND nothing to get the contractors thinking it could be worth loosing.

1: Standard Headphones work BUT no curly cord and the connector and adapter are not ideal. (Minor but needs to be identified)
2: Nice Manual - But RTFM only after I can not work it out myself
3: The Led light is rather impressive
4: Cable clips nice AND the Leaver on the Coil Lock is a BONUS.
5: Got a couple extra in the package. Nice touch (Could get used else where smile emoticon )
6: Powered up and a quick swing and coin check... So different to the CTX303 - Time to relearn a few things.
7: A stack of new Numbers to learn and know AND depth.
8: TBA -

Further feedback and comments to come. Much will be from the view of a total GOLD newbie and thus any number of features/functions may confuse/frustrate me for a while.

Have become quite attached to the CTX and understand a few of it's little quirks and have developed some habits of my own; that I will have to unlearn.

Love the Leaver on the Coil Bolt.

1459339480_2016-03-30_15.53.08_small.jpg

Packed in BLACK :)

1459339480_2016-03-30_13.55.10_small.jpg

Number 1: The Screen and all buttons are not up top :)

1459339480_2016-03-30_15.48.53_small.jpg

First thing I thought when using the Racers - oh no I'm going to be looking at the screen again. So to explain what I mean: I was using my Tesoros a lot when I started using the Fors CoRe and having an extra tone or two in addition to the target ID was just enough extra information, but still paying most attention to the audio. I think that really helped me to learn the Nokta/Makro language. I really enjoy this way of hunting because I feel that when you have a screen in front of your face there's a lot there and it may talk you out of digging something.

After you use it for a while (make sure you use headphones) you'll quickly learn the nuances in the audio and the accuracy will suprise you.

One tip, when you get a nice iffy (not clicky) response but nothing is coming up on the ID, that is usually a good deep target. If you can (depending on site) dig down a few inches and recheck. I do this a lot on the edges of old parks around old trees where the grass is dead and the soil is usually a bit sandy, so pre-decimals are usually at 6 inches plus.

Any questions, just shoot them through.

Nenad

Re the headphones, it is good to get something rather than nothing, especially when most units in that price range dont come with any. The sound is actually quite nice so I'd treat them as a back up pair or use them when watching YouTube vids ;)

A curly cord with right angle plug would be ideal, or pair it up with Deteknix wireless set-up.

YEP.

Already on it with the Detknix Wireless unit attached.

And yes, the H/Phones are lower end but their sound quality is good and crisp.

I use the CTX and do not watch the screen... But I like the ease of changing some settings / hot key etc...

Like most things - Just a matter of learning a NEW approach.

What better way to keep the mind active and the brain functioning.

Latest posts