Adelaide begginer

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone its the 21st of july and i just joined. I have been on this forum many times and got some good info off here so thought I would join.
About me, im 37 living in adelaide and started prospecting at the start of the year. I have found a few specks panning but yet to find a nugget with my detector. Growing up i had an interest in geology and fishing so i guess prospecting was inevitable.
I get out when i can and enjoy being out in nature. Im a fairly introverted guy but i have said hello to fellow prospectors while out and about.
All up ive put in over 200 hours of the coil to the ground with no success but have enjoyed been out there. I have discovered that its easy to walk around swinging the detector aimlessly and I have been trying a more targeted and systematic approach recently.
Im an animal lover, nature lover and a kind natured guy.
If anyone would like to chat and maybe even meet up to go for a swing together im happy to make a friend or two with the same interests in prospecting.
The main reason im here is to learn and grow and feed my addiction when i cant be out there.

Welcome Adelaide. Keep swinging and learning - you'll get that first nugget! :Y: :lol:

Wow 200 hours, your determined mate.
I have tried plenty in the Adelaide hills for no luck yet mate. Others seem to get a little bit so its there.
What detector are you running ?

Im using an sd2000. I have tried a few different coils but no luck yet. Im sure I'll walk over it sooner or later

Latest posts