A great week for Prospecting in the Territory

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mystyk59

Bill
Reaction score
Wow what a week ! Saturday we took Pamela Anderson and her husband Colin out in the morning along with another bloke Swin who had rang us. Dale took Pamela n Colin with him and i took Swin under my wing, spent a great day with them and Pamela got her first piece of yella and Colin picked up a couple of small bits with Dale and Swin got his first piece with me bang on 1 gram !.
Then Dale n I went out for a night detect Sat night. Got a few bits but the time ran away with us and ended up getting home at 8 am Sun morning !
Dale rang Sunday arvo to say that Pamela and Colin wanted to go out again Monday before they left and a friend of theirs Frank had turned up at the caravan park who wanted to go out as well.

Dale was working so i took them to another spot Monday. Pamela got her 2nd piece just under half a gram and Frank got his first bits of colour .52 and .35.

Got a phone call from a mate Eric who said his 4000 had turned up . So Monday evening out with Eric setting up his detector for him and running him through the basics.

Tuesday morning a 7am start with another mate Zac Jensen who had been away working and hadn't had a chance to go for a swing since his first couple of times with us .
Then Tuesday evening out for a night session with Dale and his father in law Ron . Ron got his first piece !

Wednesday i went out with Margaret Harwood and her hubby Bryce. Margaret hadn't detected before but in the end she got her first piece of gold as well (albeit a tiny speci but gold all the same ! )
Wednesday evening back out with Eric for another training session on the 4000.

Day off on Thursday !

Friday Eric rang and said he had the day off and wanted my opinion on a couple of spots he had in mind , so Fri arvo out for a couple of hours with him for a swing. The first spot yielded nothing but on the way home he showed me the other spot which looked really promising . Told him he should spend a bit of time there . More about that later
Friday night i took Rod Brown out for a night session and HE found his first 2 bits of gold that night !Just over a gram :)

Saturday was up early to do the market with my beloved Kate , then Sat night another session with Dale ! We had a good night and managed to get home before daybreak ;)
Sunday spent the day gardening with Kate then Sunday night out for another night session with Zac ! Never thought i would say this but i need a break from detecting for a couple of days !!
So out of 6 people who had never found a bit of colour , all 6 found their first pieces this last week with us :cool: Zac and Eric have already found their first gold with us in the past so i haven't counted them and their bits in to the tally.
And we have been told that we are getting mentioned all over the place as the guys to see in the Territory :p
Regards Bill

Any chance of breaking up your next post Bill? It's very hard to read when its one giant sentence 8)

Great story Bill. I'll remember to give you a call when I eventually get over your way. Sounds like you deserve a few days off but I bet you don't stay away for too long :). All the best mate and keep up the good work. Cheers, Rick

Nugget said:
Any chance of breaking up your next post Bill? It's very hard to read when its one giant sentence 8)
Sorry mate, have broke it up a bit , Hope this is better :cool:

kemjak57 said:
Great story Bill. I'll remember to give you a call when I eventually get over your way. Sounds like you deserve a few days off but I bet you don't stay away for too long :). All the best mate and keep up the good work. Cheers, Rick
Couldn't resist mate , Went out with Eric for an hour and a half last night , he wanted my opinion on a spot he found a gram piece in , i got 2 little bits for 0.5 and he got 2 bits for 0.8. But i did have a complete day off from detecting today finally ! Taking 2 tourists out tomorrow and Zac is coming as well so back at it again :p

Latest posts