Pioneer Gold Prospector Leonard Elvey

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
For anyone who likes to read about oldtimers. This is my 2nd great granduncle. My 3rd great grandparents were NSW prospectors and had moved to New Zealand Leonard stayed behind and it looks like he was potentially the first man to discover gold in a few places in Western Australia. He had a lot of bad luck towards the end of his fairly short life and Typhoid got him, as it did to so many around that time.
It's interesting to find this because I have a friend "a notable scientist" that was explaining how studies are showing how some of our genetic coding may actually filter down from our ancestors life experiences. Maybe that's why I have the calling for gold. It was my son who got into it first though. Turns out he has prospecting families on his father's side as well.
It's not only gold that calls me, it's also rocks and digging in general. I enjoy a good digging session. Doesn't help the bursitis one bit haha.

https://www.outbackfamilyhistoryblo...aign=leonard-elveys-last-trip-pioneer-profile

Thanks and same to you. We are heading out to Ex Warriedar near Payne's Find later in the week.

Latest posts