A bit of Glendon Gold.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aushunter

Brad Welch
Reaction score
As some may know I do a bit of digging out at a place called Glendon, which is in SEQ, west of Warwick.
I did meet up with a few others and the talk was of coarse gold related.
I have 2 boys but only took one out with me on this trip.

GlendonTrip-Feb20136_zpsa0842594.jpg

The gullies are rugged around these areas but produce chunky gold.

GlendonTrip-Feb20137_zpsf30f10c0.jpg

I had to recycle the water in my spot due to water shortage where I was sluicing.

GlendonTrip-Feb20134_zpsbcbc967e.jpg

A bit of chunky gold from the gully.

We made a few more friends which are also determined to continue coming out to Glendon camping grounds.
$22.00 a night, so we had a good little camp, just me and my boy.
Cheers
Brad.....

Great looking spot Brad....sort of spot that should give up some good bits to the detectors. Have you swung one around that area yet,,,??? Hard to be disappointed with good looking colour like that...Cheers Wal. :)

Nice going there Brad, worth the camping fee :)

Is that normal or exceptional find per your standard? 1-2g?

Thanks Fellas,
Wal, we do get grammers detected around the area and have gotten a .8g once staring back at me in the sluice.
Usually get a gram or 2 per day, it builds up when the chunkies are found in your box.
Cheers
Brad....

Nice work Brad & a great way to spend time with your kids. They'll remember these weekends for ever.

Lovely gold :)

Nice colour Brad.
Nothing better than a weekend away with the kids doing what you like.
Keep 'em coming.... :)

Thanks Lads,
I still have 10 buckets of creviced dirt to run this weekend out at the river so I might score a bit more yet.
And then I will be heading out for another weekend in 2 weeks.
Cheers
Brad....

Great finds Brad. Heading up that way (Mt.Tarampa) for a few days around Easter. Might have to pack the detector and head out for a day or two. Always good to know it's out there!

Mick

Onya mate well done, nice to see the youngsters interested in it instead of playstations etc all the time!

Well Done Brad,That's a great looking spot and some quality gold. By the look of some of those ledges in the creek it has some life left in yet. Nice to hear you taking the lad out for a run, it's good to have time like that with your kids. They grow up too fast. good luck in the future. Cheers, Rick.

Latest posts