8 days of prospecting

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hi all
went up north for a week and a bit prospecting came up with over 3 oz learnt a lot concerning my gpx and gold bearing ground
in the past I have used enhance for this type of ground as false singles are very common and hot rocks are plenty
I tried out a new setting I came up with what a pearl one gully I tried with a 14'mono while in enhance and I picked up a 5g speici
plus a couple of little nuggs 1 grams then I went over the same gully in special with a 11' commander over a ounce in the same spot so go figure
also it was a costly trip I blew a tyre plus blew up my pump on the fuel tank and hit a emu (last year while coming back from the same gold field I hit a roo
now the car is known as the coat of arms lol) also tried the 40x20 coil of my quad it was worth the cost though I didn't have much time using it I was amazed how queit it was and how sensitive the coil ran

1396130549_red.jpg

1396130765_rtr.jpg

cheers mick

well done mick' is the 40x20 coil a coiltek? or nugget finder? i plan a trip later on in the year out central australia me and the brother in law are goin to camp out on the quads for a few days.

I got both my sell one one day go for the anti interference coiltek the othe one is a strait mono the one I tied out is the coil tek
hope this helps
mick

Hey Mick
Man another Awesome trip!!!! you are having a great year, do you mind letting us know what field you went to?? understand if you don't.
cheers, I was just thinking you had been a bit quiet.
Lee

rc62burke said:
Hey Mick
Man another Awesome trip!!!! you are having a great year, do you mind letting us know what field you went to?? understand if you don't.
Lee
up gilberton way lee but that's all the info I can let go mate the people who own it wont let many people up there ive tried to get mates up there
but yeah it was a strait no they often tell me that they get hounded by other prospectors phonin them so because of there privercy ill get it quiet
cheers mick

micks nugget said:
rc62burke said:
Hey Mick
Lee
up gilberton way lee but that's all the info I can let go mate the people who own it wont let many people up there ive tried to get mates up there
but yeah it was a strait no they often tell me that they get hounded by other prospectors phonin them so because of there privercy ill get it quiet
cheers mick

Hey Mick
Yeah that's cool, was interested in general location, you gotta keep these good area's quiet & think yourself lucky you have semi exclusive access, good job.
Those nuggets look quite rough too so they should have more mates hanging around, flog it man flog it!!

Have they had much rain up that way??
cheers
Lee

Well done Mick got to be happy with those type of results.

You mentioned a new setting you tried out, would you care to share any further information ? I am heading out in a few weeks and looking for some variations that have worked for others. I realize it all depends on soils but worth trying if getting nothing, or if you think you have cleared it out go over with another setting etc...

Well done Mick, I am always happy for every one who succeeds in un-earthing a bit of yellow. We all know the blood, sweat, tears & disappointments that are part of this facinating and often frustrating life of prospecting. GOFORIT

reckon a few more photos with the camera set in macro of each individual piece of gold, reckon it will inspire some of us diggers to go a wandering.
In saying that im off tomorrow for 4 days hunting the stuff so cheers
Well done with that lot, very nice indeed.
Brad....

Latest posts