7.62marksman ( ken )

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
condor22 said:
Not absolutely necessary for survival, but a few sheets of bog paper certainly lifts the spirit and don't take much room. :) :poop: :)

7.62, can I ask where you got the pen (glass breaker) from? :perfect:
My daughter gave me mine i will get back to you on that asap

PM sent mate

Combat Ready Tactical Pen

Goody, next you need to stockpile some MRE's, "Army Rations" they're good tucker when you are feeling buggered at the end of the day and they last for years, Just heat em up or just add water and you got a meal in minutes, :Y:

MRE's for me is a bad Idea because I could not stop pigging out on em :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

That's a damn good Compass you got there, I got a couple of them over here and they are Awesome, :Y:

goody2shoes said:
MRE's, "Army ration can be expensive to buy tho RR

Yeah Goody you just have to shop around, Most of them are at stupid prices but there are some good deals out there,

I had a heap of them and then a Mate in 2 Para started getting them for me from the rations that never got used,

Thing is for a Lone venture like that you need all your gear to be light and packable, weight is every thing, I did my training and my pack was rarely under 40kg +, Another thing is you can't just jump in boots and all in to something like that, You want to work your way up to it by walking 5 or 10 ks a day and once you can handle that alright then do it carrying a 10kg pack for a week or so and then a 20kg pack,

You can do this with ease if you work your way up to it, :Y:

Yes for sure RR

Before I even begin to start the long walk I will be doing walks every day around the place,

Plus do beach walks etc

Not going to wake up one day and got for a 1000 k plus walk :D

Ridge Runner said:
Goody, next you need to stockpile some MRE's, "Army Rations" they're good tucker when you are feeling buggered at the end of the day and they last for years, Just heat em up or just add water and you got a meal in minutes, :Y:

MRE's for me is a bad Idea because I could not stop pigging out on em :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

That's a damn good Compass you got there, I got a couple of them over here and they are Awesome, :Y:

MRE Three lies right there. :D

I had a Silva compass with a lifetime guarantee.
I moved to Perth for 4 years (I drove) and came back with my family mostly by train.
A year later, I noticed that the compass was weakly pointing South - not North.
I deduced that the compass which was in my kit bag on the train's floor must have been submitted to some damn strong magnetic fields and shock from the train's engines.
I never did claim the guarantee.

Whisp said:
Ridge Runner said:

MRE Three lies right there. :D

What are you Talking about, MRE's have all the nutrition the Body needs and those compasses are good,

RockRat said:
First thing i think of when i hear army rations is Constipation,
wouldn't wish that on you Goody, hope there better now. :(

Yeah the old ones were a bit ordinary and those survival biscuits were so damn hard all they were good for was target practice or skeet shooting, Lol.

Latest posts