4wd Supercentre decent sales today

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just mg opinion but would go near the kings fridge as there has been many reports of late and one even catching fire. I have the dominator winch, a recovery kit and 2.5 x2.5 awning with side wall and they were great value and havent let me down yet.

Hey Frog, their recovery kit is a POS it should go in the bin. A 4WD mag took a heap to a testing facility where they tested the breaking strain of each brand.
The supercentre one had very little stretch in the snatch strap and broke well well under it's so called rated load.
Never heard much about their fridges as they are very new product.
But yes the dominator winch is meant to be pretty good.
I got a suspension kit from them, 12 months later it has sagged 30mm, so almost no net gain from the initial 2in lift.
Basically most of their stuff is total crap. I wouldn't trust any of their products again.

Occasional_panner said:
Hey Frog, their recovery kit is a POS it should go in the bin. A 4WD mag took a heap to a testing facility where they tested the breaking strain of each brand.
The supercentre one had very little stretch in the snatch strap and broke well well under it's so called rated load.
I got a suspension kit from them, 12 months later it has sagged 30mm, so almost no net gain from the initial 2in lift.
Basically most of their stuff is total crap. I wouldn't trust any of their products again.

Just a question 0P,
What 4wd supply chain to you work for anyway? :D ;)

stoyve said:
Occasional_panner said:

Just a question 0P,

I have been a member for a while, just not a prolific poster
I work for myself mowing lawns for almost 10 years...I like to look for yellow stuff when I can.
I enjoy reading this forum and saw some decent prices on the awnings, swags and such and thought they might benefit some like minded folks.

Nothing in it for me apart from someone maybe getting something they need or want.

I have a good understanding of what this mob bring in and sell. I just feel for the people that buy it and get let down for the most part.

GT :(

Lots of their stuff at our local tip, and tip shop. Like everything, there is good and bad, for the most part, its good for occasional use.

All the electronics looks like overpriced cheap china ebay crap
If their electronic gear is crap I wouldn't expect much from the other gear
The lift kits don't even have spec's with brands :lol: :lol: :lol: they must be chin lin brand

Horse said:
stoyve said:
Occasional_panner said:

Just a question 0P,

I work for myself mowing lawns for almost 10 years...I like to look for yellow stuff when I can.
I enjoy reading this forum and saw some decent prices on the awnings, swags and such and thought they might benefit some like minded folks.

Nothing in it for me apart from someone maybe getting something they need or want.

Gday Horse,
I wasn't having a go at you at all mate but I was having a shot at OP ( occasional panner ) for kicking the 4wd super center in the guts.
I love the joint and they certainly have a valid place in the market.
If you expect to get the highest quality at such fantastic low prices, you are living on another planet.
But for the prices you pay its really good gear.
Cheers Steve :D

stoyve said:
Horse said:
stoyve said:
Occasional_panner said:

Just a question 0P,

Gday Horse,
I wasn't having a go at you at all mate but I was having a shot at OP ( occasional panner ) for kicking the 4wd super center in the guts.
I love the joint and they certainly have a valid place in the market.
If you expect to get the highest quality at such fantastic low prices, you are living on another planet.
But for the prices you pay its really good gear.
Cheers Steve :D

No worries...OP ( original poster) lol.
Im gonna get me some camp lighting. Also be used for night time highbanking come hot summer. :)

stoyve said:
Occasional_panner said:

Just a question 0P,

I have nothing to do with the vehicle industry at all mate, just don't like getting ripped off by being sold junk.

B5MECH said:
All the electronics looks like overpriced cheap china ebay crap
If their electronic gear is crap I wouldn't expect much from the other gear
The lift kits don't even have spec's with brands :lol: :lol: :lol: they must be chin lin brand

They used to have a video showing where they are made, it was actually in Aus, (maybe they are not now) it was powerdown.
I spoke the the head bloke at the factory before I purchased, the parts came direct from them so I'm sure that's who made them.
Who knows where they are coming from now though.

All I can say is 12 months down the track I'm disappointed, but I know blokes who say a lot worse things about Old man emu suspension they got fitted at ARB.

http://www.unsealed4x4.com.au/snatch-strap-comparison/

Supercentre strap was rated at 8000kg and broke at 5000kg

I ended up getting the ARB kit. Recovery gear is really something you need to be sure it's upto the job.

Buy all the cheap light bars and awnings you want guys, buy get decent recovery gear, people can get really hurt if a recovery goes wrong.

I have my 9" led lights -professionally fitted and 3 other led bars-all tough stuff. Sometimes they take a while to deliver but their prices make it worth the wait. I have found the build quality quite good and communication over the phone quite professional as well.
I have to admit i have bought most of my 4x4 gear from them--not a hassle at all.
Jaros :p

That fridge that caught fire wasn't a fault with the fridge but the way it was installed, the power wire was pinched by the fridge slide and wasn't fused properly, so the story goes...

The problem now is the DIY world touching things they don't understand or are not qualified to do
New cars now if you tap into the wrong wire will end your day by ringing a tow truck and sending it back to the dealer as the wiring harness should never be spliced into, 1 wrong wire and you can kiss one of your $3000 computers good bye
I've seen a lot of cars over the years catch fire and melt harnesses, if you do that to a late model vehicle it can't be repaired anymore it's all replace replace replace = lots of money just because your mate fitted an led light and a dvd player
Some new Fords you can't even put led globes in the number plate lights without causing a further problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts