4WD Action Magazine Ends

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is this the one with Roothy in the videos ? I haven`t bought it for years ,but have a stack of the dvds .

Roothy used to be so natural in the videos and then it looked scripted after they changed the format of his videos by sitting him down infront of a camera to talk instead of following him around. That`s my take on them , anyway. I got a lot of info from the mags over the years with some good tips. Is Milo still going and has he still got Milo 2 ? Whatever happened to the red 4WD with the V8 he had ?

I wonder why it has gone, It's a shame but I hope they keep doing the Video's, Maybe their video's killed of the need for the Magazine, ?? Who Knows, Still a shame though.

Are they going online only?

I've cut my teeth on the magazine when I started 4wding.

We were invited up to Paringa to a free camp site by friends who are avid campers so loaded the territory and avan and shot up there friday afternoon. the site was by the river great scenery and very peaceful.the track to the campsite was hard and dry so the 2wd territory and road avan could handle it with ease there were a few showers overnight and a few puddles formed this wouldnt have been a problem but the wankers in the next camp decided to do a photo shoot for a 4wd magazine. they churned up every track on the landing except one and that was only because of the threat of posting on social media .

Their statement to our friends was that 2wd vehicles had no place in the area so bad luck. these idiots not only ruined the tracks but also left their crap at the site rubbish, toilet paper etc havent bought a 4wd magazine since and the army even taught me to leave no sign of where i had been even after setting up and refuelling 40 trucks. if these were the wankers at Paringa SUCK EGGS!!!

Pagan P :poop:

ctxkid said:
graham and shaun are enviro vandals , never in their lives heard of the tread lightly campaign :N:

Funny you say that coz I ripped it right up em about that a good while ago, After I stopped the swearing at them I told them that their behaviour is why many forests are being put off limits to 4x4 users and Asked them about the Tread Lightly Rule and if tracks are all but impassable in the dry then why are they ripping S**t out of them in the Wet when they know that they have little to no chance of getting up them in the Wet,

I let em have it both barrels, Not long after they seemed to calm down, so maybe they got too many complaints.

J.

I stopped buying the Magazine a lot of years ago because of the above statements, I never made a complaint, but was ashamed to even look at some of the things done in the pictures and the whinging that they did when tracks started to close, never watched one of the videos that came with the mag and about 6 months ago all the videos went to the op shop to get rid of them :N: :N: :N: .

Graham

same here, stopped buying years ago,they did a article of my local area and they were so proud of the massive bon fire they had burning, with the council supplied old wooden picnic table in the middle of the fire, and they bragged how they threw everything they could find in it, lost all respect for the lot of them after that ,we sure missed that old table ]:D

They are cowboys. Myself and many other Nationals at the time pulled their advertising because of their views and the fact that the owner ( who now makes more money out of the Kings products) was taking our advertising dollars and trying to be a competitor at the same time. Bad politics. Let me tell you he does not need the money.
And good riddance.

GT :N: :N: :poop: :poop:

Jaros said:
I never new any of the history of 4x4 mag. All i knew was that Roothy and Milo were there and having great adventures. Bit of an eye opener. :(

You are right Jaros and that's the general impression of the general public. They were bad eggs that helped destroy the 4WD industry as we knew it. Competition is not always healthy. Roothy has a natural charisma and is much loved. I can tell you however that being paid will make a man do and say anything.
There is only limited avenues to dollar making in this industry if you are not a product player so being bank rolled by sponsors makes people promote anything. Sad but true.

GT :(

goldtruck59 said:
They are cowboys. Myself and many other Nationals at the time pulled their advertising because of their views and the fact that the owner ( who now makes more money out of the Kings products) was taking our advertising dollars and trying to be a competitor at the same time. Bad politics. Let me tell you he does not need the money.
And good riddance.

Yeah I had words with them about King products too, needless to say they never had any answers to back up their claims, to be honest they are just city hoons that tear up the bush and they sold out to who ever they got freebies off of,

There is enough evidence of them destroying the Bush on YT for them to be prosecuted so it's just a matter of time, Just watch the video where shaun rolls the cruiser on that hill, they had access to hundreds of pristine locations and they drove it like they stole it,

Look at this from 9 minutes 40 seconds,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKNc0OmqUIQ

goldtruck59 said:
And good riddance.

Now that explains why every 3rd page was an advert for Kings.... I often wondered if there was an association between the two......

They also Destroyed some tracks at Coffs Harbour too.... :mad:

LW...

Latest posts