4500 on Gumtree for 1500 bucks

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Be careful. Sounds very dodgy.

No phone number listed - only contact through gumtree messages.

Urgent sale to book a plane ticket.

Hmmmm...

Edit:

I was just burned a couple of weeks ago on gumtree. Bought a detector. Seller even sent me extra photos via SMS, and a photo of a licence. Turns out he never had the detector. Licence wasn't his. Mustve found the photos somewhere and used tem for his scam

I've been chatting to the guy , lol his original price was 2 k he changed his add when I offered 1500
Sent me a pic of his licence with bank details
Add says Tyrone
But licence says Thomas
Looks like a crook too if it's not against admin rules can I post the pic ?
And transcription of messages ?

Cheers

Mickkat

Phone froze when I tried to google a ph no from the licence details.
I'd try to do that first to see if it is the same bloke, if not, then you know the licence is stolen. :eek: 8) :D

Mickkat, you should know the rules about posting real phone numbers on the forum, plus putting someones ID on here is just not cool, whether it is real or not. Images have been deleted.

Yes it does sound dodgy, anything sounding too good to be true usually is. If you want to keep posting about this I suggest doing transcripts or screen shots minus the phone numbers.

Heatho said:
Mickkat, you should know the rules about posting real phone numbers on the forum, plus putting someones ID on here is just not cool, whether it is real or not. Images have been deleted.

Yes it does sound dodgy, anything sounding too good to be true usually is. If you want to keep posting about this I suggest doing transcripts or screen shots minus the phone numbers.

Sorry mate only trying to help fellow members as there's great people on here

Hey don't report him to gumtree it won't do anything try
http://counterfeit.com.au/
There is another site but can't remember it's name I thought it was CAD or something like that but the link above is for Australia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts