25 inch Evolution Nuggetfinder

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Any thoughts on adding 25 in Evolution to my kit
Have a 15in Evolution
Minelab 11in DD & Mono
11in Coiltek Elite & 14x9 Coiltek Elite
Prospecting Goldfields Region WA

Hi Navarro.
If you have found or know of patches that others have worked and you think there is a chance of something even deeper why not.
Going over even thrashed ground very carefully with something different can produce pleasant surprises.
Maybe also if you want to do some motorized detecting on some flat ground or a salt lake also.
But I wouldn’t buy one as a stock search coil as I wouldn’t want to be swinging that all day to the detriment of one’s stamina, technique and concentration. Those aspects as well as the loss of sensitivity of large coils to small nuggets are reasons why one may miss that important small nugget that would prove to be the start of a good patch.
Just my thoughts.

Hi Navarro.
If you have found or know of patches that others have worked and you think there is a chance of something even deeper why not.
Going over even thrashed ground very carefully with something different can produce pleasant surprises.
Maybe also if you want to do some motorized detecting on some flat ground or a salt lake also.
But I wouldn’t buy one as a stock search coil as I wouldn’t want to be swinging that all day to the detriment of one’s stamina, technique and concentration. Those aspects as well as the loss of sensitivity of large coils to small nuggets are reasons why one may miss that important small nugget that would prove to be the start of a good patch.
Just my thoughts.
Thanks for the reply Hawkear

It all depends on what you want to achieve. If it is a very deep nugget over an ounce, in one of your favourite spots go for it, but your use of it will be a very small compared to the other coils. I have scored a few ounce plus nuggets doing this but coil still looks like new due to lack of uses. However if it is to cover more ground go for an Elliptical with a long and narrow shape. Hope this helps in your quest.

Hi Navarro.
Just my thoughts.
Hawkear on my first day in Goldfields on a patch which had been worked over many times with all types of detectors.I picked up a very faint signal with the 25in Evo at about 18inches
Dollied out 35g plus whatever comes out in water wheel.
Cheers

Hawkear on my first day in Goldfields on a patch which had been worked over many times with all types of detectors.I picked up a very faint signal with the 25in Evo at about 18inches
Dollied out 35g plus whatever comes out in water wheel.
Cheers
Note that you said the signal was very faint. Shows that even with a large coil, signals are not likely to jump out at you and you still have to listen very carefully for those faint whispers.
Well done Navara on your find and for taking the trouble for a feed back.

Latest posts