2013 finds BSellin

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BSellin

Brent
Reaction score
Well took the little boy (5yr) out for a walk through the local marina where there is a grassy knoll stage area for everyone to sit on etc. Just setup and showed the little guy how to pro pointer works as he was in charge of it. He was fired up like a cracker in a Chinese new year and to top it off, the first swing found a 5c 2" down so he got it quick, then we started to work our way from car park to the stage area, only to find the sprinklers turn on right where we had started to setup. The conspiracy part is the local council were do yard work around the area and the sprinklers that turned on all happened to be the same line of where we were working :( (I suspect poor timing but still conspiracy that they turn on in the middle of the morning when everyone is trying to play or go there) So we moved onto common grassed walkways and under trees only to find every pull top under the sun and a 2nd 5c. By that point, son was heart broken and we packed it in.

Here is our craptastic spoils..... :p will attempt ye grassy knoll another time.

1387241842_img_3004.jpg

10c is 10c!
My son (7) would be saying 'Put then in the 5c jar Dad!!' :p
We have a 5c jar which has something like $30-$40 of 5c pieces in them. The deal is, contribute all your 5c coins to the jar you get a cut when it's full and we cash it in :)
I teach my kids to pick up every coin they see on the ground as every penny counts ;)

SF

So I hit the Amphitheatre and the grassy hills around it. OMG we dump some crap. Excluding a lot of trash here is a quick summary of what I got for 2 hrs.

1388109811_img_3054.jpg

Slippery 5 dollar coins would be good!
Hate those ring pulls.... As long as you had fun BSellin, that is all that counts ;)

I was out this evening with my new Garrett AT Pro International, I was very please with my finds. I found 5 x pennies, 3 x 1/2 pennies and a Florin (first piece of silver and only after 2 hunts!) along with $1.30 in cash in 2 hours!

SF