200 oz patch .

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This photo is of a 200 oz find back in 2007 , found in the far north west of NSW , the bars are from all the melted small bits .
I found it on a 4x4 site & wonder if anyone knows anything about it ? as I'd like to go to the area :p

1378292062_tibooburra_gold.jpg

No idea where it is but when you find out I will carry your bags for a small fee!!!!!

Best guess would be the mountain ranges near tibooburra, the area is known for large quantities of shallow gold. More specifically, nuggetty hill.
But as i say, that's just a guess

i make it around 2000 "reported" mines just in that general area NW from Cobar so all you got to do now is get 500 of us with detectors to mark out a grid and make a start

we should cover that ground in under 300 years

piece of cake

black forest preferably . with lots of cream on top :p

Good idea headsup, we could have a god chance with all of us out there. Might only take a couple of years if we all quit our jobs and just go live off the bush tucker.

Put me down on the list of volunteers

The photo does say Tibooburra, so I will be making a big effort when I head out that way.

it was 6 years ago and pretty safe to assume the guys who found the first 200 ounces and their mates would have kept going back until they were sure there wasnt any more left there.

but optimism doesnt hurt :D

Hey OB did you manage to get access to that spot? I was told that they don't let anyone in there. It would be good if you can get permission as its only a couple hours from home for you.

DD

Hi DD ,
No way will TC let anyone on there ! :(
Went to another spot but the flies were that bad I just had to pack up as I can't stand wearing a net , didn't even unload the trommel dry dirt machine .

Below is a pic of the short lived camp .

1378785259_001.jpg

Yeh thought that was the case, a mate that knows them was telling me last week that they have got over 1000 oz from there so far, lucky buggers.
Try eucalyptus oil mixed with detol and moisturizer cream for the flys ;) .
Any buyers for the dry trommel yet?

DD

DD , that's one & a half million $$ , the nuggets there are BIG' bet a mug with even a Bounty Tracker 1V would even find a fortune :p

Thanks for the fly repellent tip ' I swallowed that many I didn't need any lunch .

I've decided not to market them ( dry mixers ) as the things would wipe out all the desert gold & I would be the catalyst .
Have now added a simple device that stops even the fine gold getting out .

But if you want one ( just you ) I'll swap for half an ounce '' :lol:

OB .

I will pop out and have a play with your dry tumbler next time I'm out your way mate, and bring gold incase I'm hooked :) . I am building a hopper/classifier for my little dry blower so I can feed it with a bobcat, it will probably work on your tumbler aswell.

DD

Good luck with the hopper/classifier DD do pop in when it suits :)

The dry mixer stratifies , classifies, concentrates & self-empties all at the same time whilst gobbling up all the rocks & dirt that can be thrown without the need for any water , run it all day for 'one' quick final clean up :D

OB.

Latest posts