$200,000 worth of bullion stolen (ouch!!!!)

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Police say thieves have used a wheelie bin to steal $200,000 worth of bullion from a home on Brisbane's northside.

Gold and silver bullion and coins worth approximately $200,000 has been stolen from a home in Upper Kedron, Brisbane

Thieves entered a home in Ellie Court in Upper Kedron sometime between 6pm on New Year's Eve and 3am on New Year's Day.

Several rooms in the home were ransacked, a safe was broken into and 75 kilograms of gold and silver bullion and coins were taken.

Police say the household wheelie bin was used to move the booty to a waiting vehicle.

1388563872_aaaaaaaaaaa.jpg

That doesnt seem to add up.
2,500 oz gold would be worth well over 3 million dollars.
It does not look 75 kg in the photo above.
I could be wrong.
Brad....

Moral of the story, If you have that much gold, spend a little of it and buy a decent safe to keep it in and make sure it's bolted to the floor, maybe a concealed safe as well.

Am guessing that a majority of the weight was in silver bullion, unless that is not the only case of gold. Still, it would be nice to own that much gold, don't trust money "on paper" these day, bullion will always be there despite fluctuations in the market. Seems to be a lot of private hoarding of bullion going on in the US, due to distrust and manipulation of the monetary system and the actions of the federal reserve.

Me thinking he may be having a few conversations with his friends about now.
There are no friends when it comes to hiding your gold.
It does strange things to people bah none.

Ohhh man, that's heartbreaking, would think it's an inside job tho! 8)

dont get much lower then stealing what would essentially be a war vets life savings i hope the thief gets what's comin to him

Latest posts