135 kg gold nugget

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think if i found that nugget i wouldn't be hanging around making a multi part youtube video, the nuggget would go in my bag and id out of there faster then the road runner

I stopped the video for screenshots, where they paused a little, most of the time the camera was moving too fast.

1455585470_hugenuggetmaybe2.jpg

If painted seems to be touched in spots. Cropped down a speckled or splattered (if paint) spot.

1455585566_hugenuggetmaybe2crop.jpg

I'll let you mates decide, I know some on the forum are real experts when it comes to gold specimens, ores, nuggets. Here in upper Midwest USA there have been people metal detecting who found copper nuggets that large, maybe bigger than what is in this video.

1455586049_hugenuggetmaybe3.jpg

I've seen photos of much smaller nuggets from the southwestern USA, had a brown coating and they were having problems finding a way to remove it. I'm thinking the coating was a type of oxide that didn't come off with lime removal solutions. We have desert legends also, of black volcanic nuggets, that are fairly pure gold with a black coating on the outside.

Latest posts