12000lbs Winch on Sale

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gcause

Professional Life Liver
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

Thought you might want to check this out Super Cheap have their winches on sale at half price, I bought a 9500lb rated one from them and it works like a treat.

I had mine installed for me by TJM as I wanted to ensure the unit got bench tested properly before it was installed and I wasnt sure if my TJM bullbar was winch rated, turned out it was one of the older models and one of the few models they sell that was.

These winches normally sell for $978 and they are on sale for $479, it comes with:

• 12000 lbs (5443kgs) Rated single line pull[/*]
  • Remote switch with 3.5m lead[/*]
  • 6.6HP 12V Parallel series wound motor[/*]
  • Synthetic rope (Dyneema SK75 ) diameter 10mm x 28m[/*]

Thats a better deal than I got as its 12000lbs and has the synthetic rope already installed, I have the steel cable type. 8)

I just had to use mine on the trip up to the Palmer to recover a friends vehicle from the sand, worked a treat. :D

http://www.supercheapauto.com.au/on...aign=MF_SCA01_2015_WK21_SN_WW#Recommendations

If you do get one, make sure that your bullbar is winch rated otherwise it will rip the bullbar right off the front of the vehicle.

Also you may need to upgrade your front suspension, ie. shocks, springs, etc. to compensate for the weight up-front, if you dont it could be a very bumpy ride as your front end starts to yo yo up and down.

Hope it helps someone. :D

Cheers,

Grant

Thanks Grant, i have a 12000 lb winch attached to a bull bar which was built i Adelaide. I was going to Melb. for my father in laws 80th birthday. As i had a cuppla days to spare I organized for the company to not only install the bar but the winch as well-and test it.
You're right, mine has steel cable and it "weighs". When i had my 2" lift done a few yrs earlier the suspension was upgraded to suit the future winch installation. I haven't had to use it yet but it's there for when i need it or someone else might need it.
Cheers :p

I was in Brisbane at the time and it was the TJM store at Brendale.

To get it fitted was about $250 all up and their service was excellent, it was done the same day.

They went through all the bench testing they had done on it and then explained the best way to use and maintain it even though I had bought it at Supercheap. :D

Don't forget to actually use the winch at least annually, I wind mine out to a tree or similar, and then 'tow' the 4wd back in to keep the wire tight.

Ridge Ryder, I have 2 of them set up on a shaft hoisting frame, I took the switches into Jaycar and purchased cable to extend the length to the same as the winch cable length, 120' here I come, they work a treat, the reason for 2 is secondary means of egress :D

Simmo good advice. I'll just add this - to always remember to take the handbrake off first, not that I've ever done that of course :8

DWT you always got to have a Plan B and in my case because of my luck a Plan C, D, E, etc. :p

That reminds me of the movie " The gods must be crazy" when he pulls his Land Rover up into the tree. Hahaha :lol:

These a a great cheap chinese winch, I mounted one on my Patrol and it works a treat.
IF your looking to mod your 4x4 guys have a look here for some great deals with free shipping to. http://www.4wdsupacentre.com.au/

I just bought a set of rear storage draws with inbuilt fridge slide for the Patrol from them.

Considering I was looking at around $400 for a fridge slide on its own I got a great set of draws for $800, cant complain about that.

I ditched the electric winch in favor of a hand powered winch as I only have to winch my 4x4 out of a bog occasionally. Thier also much more versatile (Can tow in any direction or angle). There's nothing to go wrong with these and saves a tonne of weight and $$$$ on having to uprate suspension. A good one can be had for around $400. If i were into winching (yes there are groups out there who prefer to winch their 4x4 rather than drive) I'd go an electric winch for convenience sake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts