⭐ Gemstone & Mineral Show n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ACTGold said:
https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...s/1724/1385890281_20131201_202700_resized.jpg

The results of Katrina and I, after a couple of hours at GG. We are both pretty new to sapphiring and realise this isn't a gigantic haul, but we were happy with the results and had alot of fun. We aren't quite sure what the Olive coloured stones are, perhaps somebody can shed some light on it? They look like Spinel in the shade.

We enjoyed meeting everybody that stopped by to say hello, including a couple of forum members. But an especially big thanks to Colin & his lovely partner Lee, it was great to meet you both and your help was incredible. Hope you had a great day with alot of luck!

Your most welcome mate. You've set your self a pretty good bench mark on your first sortie in to gem country.
Look forward to catch up with you and Katrina on the creek mate good luck with your future hauls

Cheers

C&L

Richo, how did you go yesterday? Good to meet you and the missus. I don't think that sun could of been any stronger if it wanted to, invisible zinc didn't even save my shoulders. What's up stream like? I've not been up there yet.

From GG Creek, Zircon Valley :D
1386476150_imag1983.jpg

I've found where all the Zircon is hiding, tiny but pretty or pretty tiny :D
1386476260_imag1989.jpg

Happy Christmas to everyone ;)

Cheers,
"B"

nice stones mate not bad jessiy good to meet you as well up stream is nice harder to get there than down river we got some nice little stones no big ones my wife found the best stone clear blue in the shape of triangle :)

But you did have it all to yourself Joe & that is precious. Mind you it was HOT today, my nog is like a lobster :)

headbut said:
But you did have it all to yourself Joe & that is precious. Mind you it was HOT today, my nog is like a lobster :)

Same here, forgot the sunscreen 8.( I got strawberry yogurt on my face at the moment

Nice headbut,beat the heat ,go my style and get in that beautiful looking water,was out there the Other day 6hrs in the water not 1 leach :D

Wow congrats to all of you who have posted pics. Great finds. Wish we could find gems like that in Vic. Only baby sapphires here. Still hunting for a piece of topaz though!

Well done Paul, nice shiny new Walbanker and some nice stones, sounds like it was a perfect day.

Your catch rate is looking heaps better Richo, well done mate.

Gotta get myself back down there before christmas.

thanks mate I could not have done it with out the help of Colin and Lee they have been a big help showing me how to sieve and to follow the wash. using sieve properly is big part of finding stones practice and watching wal and liz movies have picked my average up from 1 a day to 11 a day massive boost very happy prospector :)

The biggest is 2cts :) still looking for the decent size in the area, hopefully one day I will find it ;)

we had family day at gg had competition to see who could find the most team dad me and my oldest 3 years and mums team mum and 2 year old we all got into it had a great day my eldest left my team and joined team mum at lunch time as I still had not found one but mum had 4 sapphires two hours later dad was back in the running with 4 so my eldest was now on both mums and dads team two hours later mum had 6 sapphires and dad had 7 sapphires so eldest was back on my team we all had big celebration jumping up and down giving high fives it was great day out only small stones but made us feel like we had found the jackpot the kids where so happy I have to get them there own set of sieves :)