⭐ Gemstone & Mineral Show n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sweet shots and info, too. I'm sure all you guys are a million miles away from me. How small is too small to cut? I have no idea about anything, to be honest. And what would it cost? Keronut, I really love the results you go there! Went out today and got a few little bits and pieces. Will post some pics later.

1410867317_sapphires_a.jpg

1410867317_sapphires2_a.jpg

1410867317_star_sapphire_a.jpg

Thanks everyone,
The trouble with these few is they clearly tell me that most of my collection is not cuttable,
But they are still cool.

I worry I about how many I have collected can be cut looking forward to having some one look at them I think may be 5 will be okay mate how big is the dog's tooth I have found only smallish ones mostly green ones but they tend to have good colour :)

Varts said:
Thanks everyone,
The trouble with these few is they clearly tell me that most of my collection is not cuttable,
But they are still cool.

Yeah I know how you feel mate...... Still it's that really nice one now and then that makes all the digging worth it.

Can cab non facet stones, for $2 a pop they look ok, each one is unique.

1411005404_20140913_120709.jpg

Bombs,
Just because they are bombs doesn't matter Richo ,
Bombs or cutters ,they are as old as the earth :D and super special ,not one the same ,

I m thinking of doing a few carvings?
Maybe with like a diamond dremel?

Cool heatho

Thanks jerry

And lefty there not that big ,all cut but,biggest in pic about 5ct

G'day Lefty. The 'star-shaped' stone is not very big. Just liked the others :( But, as Vart says, all are special :) . As I'm learning and a little ignorant, what is cabbing and at what size can you do it (Heatho)?

Topazmaximus!

Good size and quality colmaca

Snail, won't be cutting again for a few months ,but yeah I will run one on the wheel.

The owner got them for near nothing , large one is 80Grams I not know Carats :8 I think he like to find someone to cut one or so .

Latest posts